• parnassiinae •

Parnassiinae: Also called snow Apollos, it is a subfamily of the swallowtail butterfly family, Papilionidae. The subfamily includes about 50 medium-sized, white or yellow species. The snow Apollos are high-altitude butterflies and are distributed across Asia, Europe, and North America.
☀️☀️
20

Hemera Leora wasn't getting much sleep anymore. How could she possibly sleep after all that she found out? Her name was Nyx. How funny. Hemera, the personification of day in Greek mythology. Nyx, the personification of night in Greek mythology.

She wanted so desperately to help her. What was Miss Alisman doing to her daughter? Why did she need to stay pure? She was clearly unstable if she thought all of that. Leora had no choice but to believe Nyx. She couldn't confront Miss Alisman about it, because she may end up hurting her daughter in retaliation. Leora would never forgive herself if that were to happen.

Going to the authorities was her other option. That was something that she had been heavily considering, but every time she thought that, she remembered what Nyx said. I want to do it. Leora wanted to stay patient until Sunday, but that was so unbearably far away. So many things could happen before then.

What if she ended up not even believing what Leora said once Sunday finally came around? Then she would have no other choice than to tell everyone about the girl unbeknownst of what normal life was like. What would it be like to be her?

All that Leora could do was wait until Sunday and do her best to convince Nyx to allow her to speak to the police, or maybe even call child protective services. But Leora still had no idea how to go about doing such a thing without scaring Nyx.

That night, Leora didn't sleep well either. It was too much to worry about for a girl her age, and she could only imagine what was going through Nyx's head. To be secluded to the confines of a house without even knowing that it wasn't normal. Then to one day have your existence shattered. That was truly cruel.

•☀️•☀️•