Not A Date

The next morning Izuku had woken before Kirishima, and it took everything in him to not appear a nervous wreck as he got his day started. After a scalding hot shower and fifteen whole minutes giving himself a pep talk in the mirror, he still found himself trying on different outfits in the closet like some high school girl on her first date. Date.

This wasn't a date.

"Kirishima, have you seen my blue sweater?" He was digging through their closet in a much neater manner than his lovely roommate but still couldn't find the damn sweater. The only reason he wanted to wear it so badly was that Kaminari had once mentioned that it looked good on him — and for some reason looking good today mattered.

"Dude, I see a lot of clothes in our closet and I barely pay attention to where I leave mine. What's got you in such a tizzy?" Kirishima flicked on the closet light and Izuku gave a sheepish smile.

"Turning the light on might help," his roommate smirked and he muttered a small 'thanks' before looking through the hangers.

"I just really want to wear that sweater," Izuku mumbled quietly only to receive a hum of acknowledgment from the redheaded Alpha. The light being on helped and he quickly grabbed the light blue knitted sweater before tugging it on over his head. He didn't know why Kaminari said it looked good on him, but he hoped it wasn't a kind lie. For today's sake, he hoped it was true. Paired with a pair of dark fitted jeans, he looked himself over while twirling random curls around his fingers to fix their shape.

"Oh, you've got a date," Kirishima whistled lowly from where he was perched on his bed, tugging his shoes on. Izuku's face burned as he tucked his ID card and keys into his pockets.

"It's not a date," he huffed only to have his roommate silently watch him with his signature toothy grin that always made him want to laugh. "It's really not." Izuku pressed and wanted to scoff when Kirishima shrugged in response.

"It may not be a date but you're definitely putting in a lot more effort than you normally do — Ah, not that you don't always look nice, dude. But you're really trying today." Kirishima rubbed the back of his neck while giving a sheepish smile that Izuku couldn't be mad at — even though he sometimes hated this man's guts for his nasty living habits.

"I've got to go," he replied with a small laugh and quickly made his way to his first class of the day — hoping and praying that he wasn't overthinking this. It was just coffee. Definitely not a date. Totally.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Making sure everything was in the right order one last time, Katsuki signed his name off on the key check-out and locked the doors behind him. He had a little less than two hours left until his date with Izuku and he was contemplating spending half of the time soaking his head in some water. In fact, it sounded like a grand idea at the moment. Feeling the burn in his lungs he forced himself to under-go was way better than feeling like his skin was on fire. It was a strange sensation — molten lava simmering in his center while icy chills raced down his spine. He wasn't getting sick, was he?

Katsuki raced his way down the corridors to his dorm. He threw the door open and didn't give two-shits when Shindou practically fell out of his chair at the sudden noise. Katsuki ripped his already-sweaty clothes off, tossed them in his hamper, and grabbed a towel. He headed to the shower so he could rinse the stench of strange pheromones from him, not caring that Shindou seemed to be eyeing him like a piece of meat.

Before hopping in, he texted Izuku to make sure the date was still happening. So far, he hadn't received a single message from the Omega saying otherwise and as the time ticked down, the inevitable fear of it being canceled unexpectedly began to weigh heavily on his mind.