The end!

One month after the end of FFI

Eric had shifted back to Japan and was now studying in raimon with his girlfriend. Everything was perfect.
Jennifer and mark were standing side by side on the bridge above the riverbank.
"Can't believe its been one month since we won the finals. Still feels like yesterday." Jennifer sighed.
"Yeah. Do you remember this is the place where I saw your kick for the first time."
"Yup. I am so glad I joined the team. My journey as a flaming empress started right here."
"I am so glad I met you jenny." Mark smiled.
"Me too."

"Jennifer argent." A voice came from behind them. Mark and Jennifer simultaneously turned around and *shot* a bullet came flying hitting Jennifer just below her chest. Everything seemed to be going in slow motion. Jennifer gasped as mark cried out her name. "JENNYYYY."
The guy who shot the bullet ran away on the bike. Jennifer fell down. Mark kneeled beside her. "Jenny! Jenny wake up. Jennifer." Tears streamed down his cheeks.
Jennifer groaned in the shrill pain that went up her ribs every time she took in a breath. Mark called the hospital and asked for ambulance.
"You stay awake. Do you hear me? Don't you dare close your eyes. C'mon! Please!." He cried out to his best friend covering her wound. Soon the ambulance arrived and took her to the hospital.

Mark was sitting outside the operation theater. Crying non stop. The team arrived there.
"Mark." Axel shouted. "Where is she?".
Mark got up and hugged Axel. "They took her to the surgery ward. I was there Axel. I was there and I couldn't save her."
"Its not your fault mark." Axel tried to calm him down.
The surgery went on for 7 hours. By now the inazuma Japan players were also gathered in hospital. Even Jennifer's real parents took a flight to inazuma and were there trying to console Jacy and Chris.
Nelly held on to kyles hand giving it occasional squeeze of reassurance.
"My sister is strong. She will fight to live. I know that." Kyle clenched his teeth and hand.

The doctors finally came out of the operation theater. "The first surgery was unsuccessful. We will perform a second one in 10 minutes."
"Let me meet her." Eva stood up.
"But the patient is still unconscious."
"let me meet her." Eva repeated.
The doctor nodded and let her in. Meanwhile the players looked at Jennifer through the window. She had a oxygen mask on. Her skin looked paler than usual.

Eva walked to her and kept a hand on her forehead

Inside Jennifer's head
"Jennifer."
"Mom? how are you talking to me?"
"I didn't loose all my powers. I still have some of them. Like accessing people's subconscious. Now listen to me very carefully."

The second operation started soon. The players denied to leave the hospital.
After the second operation the doctor came out. Mark ran to him.
"How is she ? She is okay right?"
"There was a lot of internal bleeding. We tried but the bullet has wounded her heart. We couldn't do anything. She barely has anytime. You guys can talk you her. She is awake."
the team stopped breathing. 'This can't be happening." Eric whispered and ran inside the room. Jennifer was sitting on the bed.
She looked up. Her eyes were dull. "Eric." Her lips twitched upwards."looks like our forever was not that long after all
"Don't say that." Eric's tears splashed off his face. He sat beside her and held her hand. "Nothing will happen to you."
Slowly the team gathered inside.
Jacy walked to Jennifer cupping her cheeks with her hand.
"Mom, dad thank u for everything."
Jacy closed her eyes. "you don't say that. You are the best child anyone could ever have." Jacy hugged her.
"My lone soldier. You can't be defeated. Fight for your family. Fight for your friends."
"Its too late dad. I can feel the energy draining out of me."
Jennifer's eyes started feeling heavy.
"Mark, axel, jude, nathan, Shawn,.xavier, everyone thanks for becoming my friend."
Jennifer slowly closed her eyes.
"No. You don't get to leave again. You said you will stay with me. You told me I can trust you." Scotty cried.
"Oh Scotty. Now you have enough friends you can trust."
*cough**cough.* she coughed out blood.
"Eww this is gross."
"Please stay Jennifer. I need you to stay. Please. " Eric pleaded.
"I wish I could." she leaned in and pecked his lips."I love you."
"I love you too."
Next kyle walked up
"sissy."
"Brother"
"Sleep well."
Jennifer smiled. The players felt weird why would he say something like that to his sister. But Jennifer knew that there were thousands of emotion behind those two words.
Everyone was crying. Jennifer felt her head becoming lighter and lighter every minute.
"I don't have enough time now. Can I get a group hug?" Without waisting time they ran into her arms surrounding her in a big circle. The monitor started beeping loudly. Jennifer's breathing became shallow. "No no no no. Not yet. Not yet." Axel stepped forward panicking and held her head in both his hands.
"You stay awake. You get it? We will save you."
"Mr arrogant. let go."
And then there was an intense silence. Only a long beep was heard as the monitor showed a straight line.
"JENNIIFFEERRRR!!" Mark shouted but it was of no use. Jennifer was gone.

Coach seamore walked to mark rubbing his back gently. Mark couldn't stop crying. No one could. Kyle walked to his sister and kissed her forehead closing her eyes. Eric ,Jude ,mark and Axel stared at her face. Taking in as much as they could because they knew they were seeing that beautiful face for the last time.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

It was the second time the team was wearing black suit. It was their best friend's funeral.
"I always imagined her coming down the isle but not in a casket." Eric whispered. His eyes were swollen from crying but so were everyone else's.
Coach seamore walked to the front and kept a voice recorder on the podium.
A guy who was there for the orchestra started playing a song on his guitar and on the cue the voice recorder started playing a recording.

(Bold - song. Normal- recording.)( an important request guys. I am attaching the song link with this chapter. Please listen to it so you will get a better feel of the chapter. Its a beautiful song. If you don't want to listen just please read the lyrics at least. It perfectly suits the situation.)

Loving and fighting
Accusing, denying
I can't imagine a world with you gone
The joy and the chaos, the demons we're made of
I'd be so lost if you left me alone

If you are listening to this then most probably its my funeral. My second surgery just ended and the doctor said I wont make it.
I want you all to know that I am not scared. I am not scared of dying because I lead a short but beautiful life. I came to Japan hoping to get back the pieces of my past I had left behind but never would I have thought that life will bring to a path where I will meet such beautiful and amazing people.

You locked yourself in the bathroom

Lying on the floor when I break through
I pull you in to feel your heartbeat
Can you hear me screaming "Please don't leave me"

Mark you dragged me in your life and made me stay. I can't thank you enough for that. With you guys i grew to love this fantastic game of soccer .When tomorrow the sun rises with me not being there in your lives just do me a favour. Go to the riverbank and kick the ball around so I can watch you guys play from above with a smile face and obviously irritate Satan with my sarcasm. *weakly chuckles*

Hold on, I still want you
Come back, I still need you
Let me take your hand, I'll make it right
I swear to love you all my life
Hold on, I still need you

With death comes peace and life comes at a cost of pain but that's how we know we are alive. Bitterness of one moment makes us realize sweetness of others.

A long endless highway, you're silent beside me
Drivin' a nightmare I can't escape from
Helplessly praying, the light isn't fadin'
Hiding the shock and the chill in my bones

Sometimes the first step to move on is to say goodbye. No matter how much pain you feel. No matter how numb your body becomes the funny thing about life is that it goes on so you will have to stay strong. I will always be there with you guys in your hearts.

They took you away on a table
I pace back and forth as you lay still
They pull you in to feel your heartbeat
Can you hear me screaming, "Please don't leave me"

When anyone says my name I don't want you to remember this moment. I want you to recall the happy ones we spent together so that it doesn't bring tears but a smile on your face.
hold on, I still want you

Come back, I still need you
Let me take your hand, I'll make it right
I swear to love you all my life
Hold on, I still need you

I didn't get to say goodbye to everyone. So right now I am saying.
Thanks for making me complete thanks for making my life amazing. Maybe this is the end but after you guys will have grown old with your grand children and great grand children and we will meet on the other side. "Let's play soccer together.

I don't wanna let go

I know I'm not that strong
I just wanna hear you
Saying baby, let's go home
Let's go home
Yeah, I just wanna take you home

the long speech blended with the song in background gave a more emotional touch to the scene leaving the boys and girls in tears.

Hold on, I still want you
Come back, I still need you

Song name- hold on