.22 there are five stages of grief

Sophia

Sophia

There are five stages of grief they look different on all of us but there are always five.

Denial, which is what I felt when I got the call.

Anger, what I felt when I couldn't say goodbye.

Bargaining, is what I did when I told myself it was just a dream.

Depression, what I felt like for the following days, weeks looking at my moms empty room not hearing her voice her laugher.

Acceptance, something I don't think I've accepted fully.. but it's the only thing left to do to fully heal.

You see I've never really been a fan of birthdays at least not mine I mean I get it it's the day I was born but what about when someone passes and it's there birthday?  

Like today it's my moms birthday.

I keep asking myself how can I celebrate her birthday when she's not here anymore it's only a reminder that I should've cherished the last birthday we spent together even though I didn't know it was the last.

So now looking back at it, it only hurts it really fucking hurts.

Realizing that the person I loved the most is gone just like that and how it just happened so suddenly.

I sigh trying to forget or just shake how I feel although I know that's not possible.

Then I get up from my bed I really wasn't in the mood to go to school so I went downstairs where Hope was eating breakfast with Ethan.

"Morning." Ethan says and then Hope turns to me.

"Morning." I tell Ethan back with a fake cough.

"Hey, you okay?" Hope asks me right away.

"Uh, no actually I feel a bit sick so I think ima just stay home for the day." I tell her and she looks a bit worried.

"Are you sure? Do you need anything I can stay if you want." She tells me but I shake my head.

"No it's fine, I'll be fine." I tell her with a soft chuckle.

With that I make my way back to my room and throw myself in bed the bed I'm planning on laying in all day.

Avoiding the unavoidable.

Josie

Today when I had woken up I received a message from Sophia that she wouldn't be going to school. To be honest she had been acting off the past couple of days.