.27 spring break

Sophia

Sophia

Today was the first day of spring break and for some reason my dad and Hayley thought it was a good idea to plan a small get together with their work friends and some of our friends.

To relax and eat and enjoy the pool.

So I was currently in cleaning duty making sure the pool was clean and all.

When suddenly I see Hayley walking towards me.

"What's up Hayley?" I tell her sitting down now helping with the corns.

"I just wanted to check in with you." She tells me with a shrug.

"Okay." I tell her with a chuckle.

"How have you been?" She asks and I can you know be honest with her I know that.

I can tell her how these past months I've been not only anxious and using drugs as a copping mechanism but that I also found a way to push the only girl I've ever felt something for away.

But I had to be mature enough to let her be happy because that is all I wanted for her even if it meant her being happy without me.

"Fine." Is all I tell her and she chuckles and sits next to me.

"Fine? We used to talk." She says with a sigh.

"We still talk." I tell her with a shrug.

"Barley you're still my special girl you know, you're my baby's sister you both mean a lot to me Sophia, you can talk to me about anything." She tells me genuinely.

"Thank you." I tell her still peeling the corn.

"You know, you don't have to keep everything in all the time, you don't always have to be strong. It's okay to be vulnerable." She tells me.

I look up at her softly and her words do hit me deeply.

"I know I'm just.." I tell her softly not sure what to say.

"I know it's been a while since I was young you girls age, but I remember what it was like to have my heart broken losing love it hurts I'm not as dumb as guys think you know." She says with a chuckle.

I chuckle too.

"You think I don't notice that you and Josie aren't the same anymore as close whatever it is I'm sure if you guys just talk things will get better you know." She says.