America and Aspen

America's POV...

It's been a month since Maxon chose Kriss. They are still only engaged. Aspen proposed and I said yes. Although all I can think about is Maxon. The draft now started taking women as well as men. I got sucked in by the draft. Today I receive a letter telling me where I will be stationed at. Aspen still works at the palace. On one hand, I want to be there so I can see Aspen, but on the other hand, I can't bear to see Maxon with someone else. I'm hoping if I do go to the palace I will never see Maxon or Kriss. I've been in touch with Celeste and Marlee. That's it though.
An hour later...
I opened the letter that I just got telling me where I will be at. No no no no... At the palace on the main floor! "Aspen!" I called. "Yes Mer, " he says. "I got the draft letter, " I respond. "Where are you going? Please don't say, New Asia, " he says. "To the palace, " I say. "That's great Mer!" he exclaims. Aspen hugs me and picks me up. I fake a smile. He is so happy. "That means we get to see each other everyday America!!" he cries. I pack my bags and head to the palace with Aspen. Another guard, Officer Grant Baker, hands me my uniforms and everything to go with it. I already went through training courses and all. I'm still very petite but I have the same amount of muscle that the men do. Aspen hands me my name tag. It reads Singer. Even when me and Aspen are married it still will be Singer to avoid confusion. I put on my pants, my tank top, my jacket, my combat boots, my hat, and my weapons. I find my post and I hear Maxon and Kriss arguing. "Because Maxon I don't love you anymore!" she yells. "Well guess what Kriss. I've actually never loved you!" he yells back. "Why did you choose me!!" she yells at him. Maxon remains quiet. "Answer me!" Kriss yells. "Fine! I was hurt, Kriss. All I could think about was making sure America though I didn't love her anymore, I did and I still do love her. I ruined all of our lives!" he yells. He still loves me? I-I can't believe it. Oh no! What if Aspen heard!!! I hear Kriss storm off in the other direction. Uh oh, Maxon is walking my way! He walks in front of me and luckily doesn't notice me.
   The next day...
I'm walking around on the main floor patrolling the area when someone hits the rebel alarm. I start running toward the entrance to the castle when I see Maxon running the other way. He definitely sees me that time. He stares at me. I see a few rebels running towards Maxon, but since I'm in between the rebels in Maxon, I get on one knee and start firing. Once the rebels that were running towards us are dead, I stand up and turn around to find Maxon staring at me. I'm pretty sure he's not positive it's me. I run towards the palace doors again.
   Maxon's POV...
Was that really her? America the woman I love running towards the danger. She just shot the rebels. She's protecting me? When on earth did we start recruiting women as guards. Why was I not informed!! She turned her head over her shoulder and looked at me. Then she ran. It can't be her I don't believe it. How long has she been here?
    America's POV...
The rebels finally fled. The chief said that we no longer have to wear the stupid hats- boy was I excited. Aspen comes running to check to make sure I'm okay. "I am fine Aspen really, " I insist. "Are you sure?" he asks. "Yes, " I reply.

Hey guys sorry, my chapters are usually longer but I didn't want the first one to be too long. If you like this story read my other story- Not An Ordinary Maxerica Story. Please vote for the story. Also, comment if you have any ideas for one of my chapters and/or comment if you like the story. Love you guys!