Family

America's POV...
So it's been pretty eventful the last two weeks. I had near-death experiences and Maxon and I thought Amberly was dead. Eady and Ahren are almost 1. I can't believe that they are almost one! Last night was the Annual Halloween ball. Let's just say that Eadlyn and Ahren were loving the eat as much candy as you want. Maxon and I not so much. I'm exhausted! I just want to sleep! Instead, Maxon and I decided to spend the whole day with the twins and Amberly. I'd be even more excited if I had more than an hour of sleep! So Maxon, Amberly, and I are playing with toys with the twins. They are quite the handful today. I see a guard walking away from Maxon when I come back from getting more toys. Amberly and Maxon turn to me with solemn expressions. "What's wrong, " I ask nervously. "America, Kenna died from a heart attack, " Maxon says. "What?" I ask a tear falling down my face. "I'm sorry, " Amberly says. I walk over to Maxon and fall into his arms sobbing. "Would you like me to take Eadlyn and Ahren to their room?" Amberly asks. All I can manage is a tiny nod. They give me a hug before they leave. I cry for hours in the only place I felt truly safe and at home, in Maxon's arms. Probably a few hours later I stopped crying. I loved my sisters and now one of them is gone. I'm not hungry for dinner so Maxon carries me to his room. He doesn't think I should be alone tonight so I'm sleeping in his bed with him. After a long night's sleep, I wake up on my side facing away from Maxon, but his arms are around me and I'm right against him. I wake up to little kisses along my neck. He is such a romantic. That immediately makes me feel all warm and fuzzy but then I remember Kenna. "Is it real Maxon? Kenna's gone. Or did I just dream it?" I asked. "I'm sorry darling but it's true she's gone, " he says sympathetically. I turn to face him and I just bury my head in his chest. "Maxon will I die next? I mean my parents died from heart problems. Kenna died too. Or do you think May or Gerad's next? What if I lose my whole family?" I interrogate. "America, I doubt a heart attack will take you down. You came back after your heart stopped. You are a fighter. Your little siblings take after you too. Don't forget you still have me, Eady, Ahren, and Mom, " Maxon says. "I have to go train with the royal guard, " I say. "Are you sure? You can take today off, " he asks. "I'm sure and we only do our laps every Saturday, " I say. So after I work out I go back inside to hang out with the other guards. It's really just Aspen, Carter, and Tanner. The others are by themselves inside. We wanted to hang out in the garden though. I've gotten pretty close with all three. Well, I was already really close to Aspen and pretty close to Carter, but Tanner and I have gotten pretty close to. They are my some of my best friends. Tanner cuts his hand on a rose thorn. He starts bleeding and the sight of blood does something terrible to me. All of a sudden I was taken back to the rebel attack where I almost died. I see the rebel pointing the gun at me. I fall to my knees and hold my head. I hear the gun go off. When I get shot and fall to the ground.
Authors note: remember the scene she is describing is in the past not is what is currently happening except the falling to her knees and holding her head.
I then see Maxon over me begging me not to die.
Aspen's POV during this...
"What the heck!" I exclaim. "What's wrong with her?" Carter asks. "Don't know. Go get the King, " I order. "He's in a very important meeting, " Tanner says. "He'd want to know. Go discreetly and tell him, " I command. "Tanner put a bandage on your finger, " I throw a bandage at him because I always keep a few in my pocket. I kneel next to America. "America! What's wrong!" I yell. "Take him to safety first, " she mumbles. "What?!" I exclaim. "America!" I yell and shake her pretty hard hoping to snap her out of it. Nothing. She keeps mumbling. Her eyes are so squeezed together she looks terrified. "This way, " I hear Carter say. Maxon comes running. "America!" Maxon shouts. He kneels in front of her and I scoot over. "America look at me. It's history. Everything is okay. You aren't dead. You aren't hurt. I'm here, " Maxon says softly to her and cups her face with his hands. She stops shaking as much. "America open your eyes, " he says. " It's all okay, " Maxon assures. She opens her eyes and looks at him. "You are okay darling. See nothing to be afraid of, " he speaks. She relaxes and he hugs her. She then looks up at Carter, Tanner, and I terrified. "Listen America we need to tell everyone that works here at the castle what's going on so they know how to help. They won't tell anyone outside of this castle okay, " he tells her. "But-" she starts. "Okay, " she says changing her mind. He helps her up. "Aspen, Carter, and Tanner, America has been experiencing spells where it takes her back to either when Kota shot her or the time the rebel did and I thought she was dead. It's a terrible thing for someone to have to go through. That's what you all just saw. If that ever happens I want one of you to come to find me. However, I still need y'all to help her until I get there. You have to speak very calmly. Things like I said. Soothing words. We will tell everyone at the palace but you are all under strict orders not to tell a soul outside of the castle, " Maxon explains. Tanner, Carter, and I nod. Later that day they make the announcement to the whole castle. I feel quite bad for America. Nobody should have to go through that, and she lost her parents, her sister, and she killed her uncle. Which she did feel terrible for doing. She also lost the only dad she had after her own dad died, Clarkson.