Engagement Party

I promise you I will never get used to all of the parties this palace throws. Today is Maxon and I's engagement party. My maids once again have outdone themselves with my dress. I can't wait to see the dress for my wedding or my coronation. This is crazy I'm going to be the princess. For years I prepared myself for the life of a 6. Then a 1. Then a 2. Now a 1 again.

I'm in love with the dress

I'm in love with the dress. Maxon and I walk arm in arm down the grand staircase as everyone cheers. "Our engagement party Maxon. This is unbelievable. When I left here I never thought I'd be back, " I say. "I'm glad you are back, " He says. "Me too, " I say. We party for a few hours and then go to bed. In the middle of the night.the rebel alarm goes off. I get up and I throw on my uniform and run it out if my room with my weapons. I run to find the royal family. King Clarkson is in the safe room along with Maxon. I see Queen Amberly about to be killed. "No!" I shriek and run as fast as I can over to her. I distract the rebels so Queen Amberly can run to the safe room. A few rebels grab me. I start shrieking and one of the rebels hits me over the head and I pass out. Some guards come running and the rebels drop me on the ground. Two hours later I wake up in the hospital. I get up and walk out. I have a killer headache. So I take some pain medicine and head off to see Maxon. By the time I get there, my head already felt better. The palace has some fast medicines. I knock on the door. "Come in, " Maxon says. I open the door and walk-in. "Hey, " I say with a wave. "America! Are you okay? how do you feel?" Maxon asks. "I woke up with a killer headache but I feel much better after I took some medicine, " I say. "Good. My mother was hysterical during the rebel attack. She didn't know if you were alright. The last thing she heard was a scream before she came down into the safe room. She wanted to go back up to see you but the guard wouldn't let her out, " he says. "I was so worried about you, " he says and he hugs me. "Maxon I distracted the rebels so your mother could getaway. The rebels grabbed me and I was kicking and screaming. They knocked me out sorta. Then other guards came running and they dropped me and took off, " I say. "When I was rushing to check to make sure you and your parents got to the safe room okay I saw Queen Amberly a rebel was about to kill her, " I say. He wraps his arm around me and kisses my forehead. I wrap my arms around him. "I don't want you working today, " he says. "Maxon I want to work today. What if I just take a lunch break and I'll be off in time for the report, " I say."Okay just be careful. Where is your post today?" he asks. "The entrance to the castle, " I say. He nods. "Maxon we are supposed to meet with Sylvia over lunch to discuss wedding plans, " I say. "I still can't believe it. I'm marrying the love of my life and that just so happens to be The Maxon Schreave, " I say. "How did I get so lucky to end up with you?" he says. "I have to go. See you at lunch, " I say and kiss him goodbye. I'm still covered in scratches and I have a cut on my lip and my forehead. I don't have time to get cleaned up yet so I head to my post. A few hours later I meet Sylvia and Maxon in the dining room for lunch to discuss wedding plans. "Hey sorry I'm late, " Maxon apologizes. "No problem, " I say. "So where do we start Sylvia?" I ask. "Food, " she says. Maxon and I name off the foods we were thinking and she writes them down. "Next, " Maxon says. "Bridesmaids MOH Groomsmen and best man, " she says. "Easy Marlee as my Maid of Honor and Celeste and Georgia for bridesmaids, " I say. "Carter as my best man groomsmen August and Aspen, " he says. I whip my head toward him. "Really?" I ask surprised he picked Aspen. He nods. "Flower girl and ring bearer?" Sylvia asks. I turn to Maxon. "May and Gerad, " he says. I smile. "Who will walk you up the aisle Lady America?" she asks. My face drops I haven't really thought about it. I've only ever wanted my dad to give me away. "Kota?" Maxon asks. "No, he'll find a way to criticize me, " I say. "Aspen could walk you up the aisle, " he offers. I shake my head. "Do-Do you think your dad would?" I ask. Maxon looks surprised. "I bet he would love that, " he says. I smile. "Your mother would if course have a dress in the same color as the bridesmaids if she wanted, " I say. He nods. "A date?" Sylvia asks. "November 21st, " I say. Maxon and I had already discussed that. We go through the rest of the details. I get together with my maids in a week for my dress along with Queen Amberly's and the bridal party. Maxon will handle the guys. Then she moves onto coronation details. That is making me nervous. I fidget with my fingers under the table so Sylvia cant see. Maxon notices and grabs my hand and gives it a little squeeze. After we eat I head back to my post. I get into a fight with one of the guards because I had to take him to a jail cell because he was associating with the southern rebels. I'm wearing my uniform but I had rolled up my sleeves. I'm covered in scrapes, bruises, and blood. I look at a clock. The report is about to start I run to the set and I stand behind the cameras looking at Maxon. I mouth, " I'm sorry." He rushes over. "What happened? Are you okay?" he asks. I tell him about the guard associating with the southern rebels. "I'm sorry as soon as I finished with him I didn't have time to change or even clean up. Just do the report without me, " I say. " It's fine as long as you are okay. You should do the report anyways. The people should be able to understand what you do for this country, " Maxon says. I feel my lip still bleeding. "Maxon seriously I'm covered in blood, " I protest. He drags me over to our seats as soon as the cameras turn on and we go live. I still have blood dripping down my arms. The anthem plays and Gavril starts talking and he calls me and Maxon over. " Lady America what happened?" Gavril asks. "I'm so so-, " I begin but Maxon gives me the look and I stop. "Lady America was protecting Illèa once again. We had a guard that was associating with the rebels and he didn't go down without a fight, " Maxon says gesturing to me. When the report is over I get cleaned up and I sit in my bed. A knock comes at my door. Maxon lets himself in. "Hey, " I say. I smile and my lip starts bleeding again. I touch my lip to make sure it actually is bleeding and I run to the bathroom to get a towel. "Thank you, "Maxon says. "For what?" I ask confused. "For saving my mother's life, " he says. He kisses my forehead and says goodnight. My lip finally stops bleeding and I go to sleep.