Surprise Maxon!

I walk into Maxon's room in the morning. "Good morning my royal husbandness, " I say. "Good morning my dear, " he says. "I am not your dear, " I say. I sit with him and he wraps an arm around me. "What are the plans for the day?" I ask. "What would you like to do?" he asks. "Oh we do have a meeting at 4:30 this evening. Did you do your work as General?" he asks. "Ok and yep I checked on them and did the posts. Oh, I have a present for you!" I exclaim. "Darling you don't have to get me any presents, " he says. "I know but I wanted to, " I say. I go through the door that conjoins our suites and grab the shoebox. I go back to his suite and him the shoes. "Shoes?" he wonders. "Open it, " I say. He opens it to see baby shoes (that are gender-neutral). "America I don't know if you have noticed but these won't fit me, " he says sarcastically. "They aren't for you to wear. They are for you to give to someone, " I say hinting around to I'm pregnant. "I don't under-, " he begins but then his mouth drops open. He looks at me and stutters, "Are-Are you pregnant?" he asks. "Maxon we are going to have a baby, " I say with a smile. "Really?" he asks. I nod my head. I know he was doubtful because his mom had such a hard time. She had many miscarriages so he thought it would never happen; however, I come from a large family. I know he's going to be worried about me a lot. I really hope I don't have a miscarriage mostly for his sake. He jumps out of bed and comes over and lifts me up and twirls me around. "Wait how long have you been pregnant?" he asks. "2 weeks, " I say. "So you knew exactly how long it would be until you can be a guard again, " he accuses but not in a mean way a funny way. "Yep, " I say. "Boy or girl?!" he asks excitedly. "Maxon you just heard me say 2 weeks right?" I ask. "Oh right!" he says. "Let's go tell my parents. Wait who else knows?" he asks. "My maids that's all, " I reply. "Maxon we should wait a little longer until we tell your parents and then wait a little longer before we tell well everyone, " I say. He sighs. "Fine we can tell your parents, " I give in. "Let's go right now!" Maxon exclaims. "Maxon we have to get dresses first, " I say. "Oh, well let's get dressed, " he says. Maxon rushes into his closet to pick something out to wear. I walk to my closet to do the same. I pick out a beautiful gold mermaid style dress. Since I'm only two weeks pregnant you have to know that I'm pregnant to tell that I have a baby bump.

 I decided wear the same crown that I wore the day that the Italians came

I decided wear the same crown that I wore the day that the Italians came. My maids helped me with my hair and makeup and I walked back over to Maxon's suite to see him waiting to see what color I was wearing so he could match his tie. He pulled out a gold tie and put it on. "Ready?!" he asked all giddy. "Yes, " I say. "I love you so so much, " he says holding me close. "I love you too Maxon, " I say. He kisses me with such a passion it reminded me of that time in the safe room when I had to bandage his back. "Alright let's go!" he says hurriedly. "Ok, " I say. "Who do we want to tell first?" I ask. "Mom, " he says. I nod. "Good idea, " I respond. So we walk rather quickly to the women's room hoping that that is where the Queen would be. We were right she is in her seat by the window. "Hi mom, " I say with a wave. "Can Maxon come in?" I ask. "Hi dear, sure he can come in, " she says. Maxon comes in and says to me, " What she can call you dear but I can't, " he says in a joke anger. I give him a glare and we both let out small laughs. Maxon and I sit down with Amberly. A maid comes in asking if we wanted mimosas or coffee. "A mimosa please, " the queen says. "Same here, " Maxon says. This is all part of the plan. "Just coffee for me, " I say. When the maid walks away Queen Amberly asks, " America you don't want a mimosa? I though they were your favorite." "Oh they are. It's just I can't have any for around 9 months. Well I could have the orange juice but not the champagne,, " I reply. She looks a little baffled. "Don't tell me-" she starts looking so overjoyed and shocked. "Are you pregnant?" she squeaks out. "Yes, " I say. She jumps up which is totally surprising and hugs me and Maxon. "I'm going to be a grandmother?" she asks while crying. "Yes, " Maxon says. So we talk and when we are getting ready to leave Queen Amberly tells me, "Congratulations. You'll be a great mother." She tells Maxon, " Congratulations and you'll be a great father." We start walking to Clarkson's office and I look over to see Maxon's upset face. "Maxon, what's wrong?" I ask. "America..." his voice trails off. "Yes?" I inquire. "What if I'm like my father was with me?" he asks. I stop walking which makes him stop walking. "Maxon, you are the kindest most-generous most loving person I know. You will spoil our child beyond what one thinks is possible, " I say and laugh at the last bit. "Really?" he asks. "Really, " I say. We continue walking and we finally get to his office and we tell King Clarkson. He surprisingly was really happy.