Will She Survive?

I can hear Maxon crying. They finished doing what they needed to do to fix my wound. Everyone is just waiting. Maxon grabs my hand. I finally have the energy to open my eyes. "Hey, " I whisper to him. He whips his head up and says, "America!" I smile. He kisses me and holds my face in his hands. "I love you, " he says. "I love you too. Now help me up, " I say. "You really should rest, " he says. "Maxon helps me up, " I say. He helps me up carefully. "Nicolette put your crown and skirt in your life your room, " he says. He helps me to my room. Although I insisted I didn't need help. Ugh! We have the report later! "America you don't have t do the report later if you don't feel up to it, " Maxon says. "No, it's the first report that we would do since our wedding. One because if the wedding then one because of the coronation and then our honeymoon, " I say. "Are you sure?" he asks. "Yes, " I say. "That rebel attack was one of the worse ones, " he says. "I'm going to change for the report it starts soon, " I say. "Okay, " he says.

 "Okay, " he says

My maids get me all ready for the report

My maids get me all ready for the report. We pick something out that is very elegant. Like something, a princess would wear. I walk into the studio but not on the set. Maxon walks towards me. "Hey, " I say. "Hey, " he says. "How do I look?" I ask. "Very Regal, " he says surprised. "Perfect that's what I was going for. Now, why do you sound so surprised? Regal is a good thing, right?" I ask. "No it is a good thing. I've just never seen you in anything like this before. You are jaw-droppingly gorgeous, "he says. I blush. He puts out his arm and I wrap mine around his. We walk to our seats. The national anthem plays and Gavril talks and then talks to the King and Queen. Then he calls us over to talk. "Why it looks like things have changed since last time you were here, " he says. "Would you like to tell the people what has changed, " Gavril says gesturing towards the camera. "So Gavril, Ex-Lady America and I got married. A week later she had her coronation so she is now the Princess of Illèa, " Maxon says. I wave. "Princess America you look very elegant and regal, " he states. "Thank you Gavril, " I say. "So will you continue to be part of the royal guard now that you are the crowned princess?" he asks. "Yes, " I reply. "Isn't that quite risky?" he inquiries. Maxon gives me that I told you so look. "Aah so Prince Maxon, do you not agree with this, " Gavril interrogates. "I believe it is very dangerous for her to continue being a part of the royal guard, but it is what she wants, " Maxon says. "Now let's say she dies then what?" Gavril asks. "Now Gavril we do have amazing doctors and in the event that happens it will depend if we have an heir if we don't Maxon will have to remarry, " I say dreading every word. Gavril nods. "So when will there be an heir?" Gavril asks. I choke on my own spit. "Not yet, " Maxon says. After the report, we head off to dinner. "So um Maxon?" I falter. "Yes darling, " he says. "What if I do die being a guard?" I ask. "Like you said it depends where we are at in life, " he replies. "America you are a fighter. I believe you won't go down without a fight, " he says. "Now err about the kid's thing. You know we have to have at least one for an heir. Do you want any?" he asks. "Maxon I knew coming into this we would have to have a children, " I say. "But do you want to have children?" he asks. "If you do I do, " I say. "America, " he says. "Yes I free up in a large family Maxon but if you don't want them that's fin too, " I say. "I want children, " he says. "Again me too, " I say. "Just not yet, " I laugh. He laughs as well. "Maxon will I be General Singer or General Schreave?" I ask. "Up to you, " he says. "Well what would you like?" I ask. "Whatever you want, " he says. I know he secretly wants me to be General Schreave. "Do you like the sound of General Schreave?" I ask. "I think that's what I'm going to go with. I'll get a new badge as soon as possible, " I say. "It sounds fantastic, my dear, " he says with a smile. " I am not your dear, " I say. "So America, I was proposed an idea by one of the council members. If we hold beauty pageants, " he says. He explains what they are to me girls dress up give speeches there is a talent show they choreography dances blah blah blah. "So girls are judged on how they look?" I ask. "And by their talents, " he says. "Can people even afford to do that?" I ask. "The caste four and up can, " he says. "Ok fine we'll do one as a test see how it goes over, " I say giving in. "Oh and the council members think it is a good idea if you enter and take part, " he says. "What? Maxon that's not my scene. Won't people be angry I if do win? Who would be the judges?" I rant. "No not if you don't win every part. I think you'll do fine. My parents are the judges, " he says. "They signed a waiver saying they are impartial, " he states. "Please America, " he begs. "Fine, " I say.