No Aspen!

So today I'm patrolling again. Maxon is not happy with me being a guard, but I'll take a break soon 😉. Aspen comes to ask me early in the morning to assign posts. The job of a general. "Hey did you finish with the posts?" Aspen asks. "Yes they are all done, " I say. I hand him the papers and his fingers graze mine. "Mer? Can I talk to you for a moment?" he asks. "Sure, " I say. "So I love Lucy; however I still have feelings for you, " he says. "Aspen... We've been over this, " I groan sadly. He kisses me and I pull away and slap him. "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry. I just hit you, " I say holding my forehead with one arm and my other arm on my hip. Then I yell at him. "It's fine Mer. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. I just wanted to know if there was anything still there because I want to be fully committed to Lucy if there wasn't, " he explains. I nod. "I should go, " he says. I nod again. I know I have to tell Maxon. It's the right thing to do. So later that evening... Maxon and I are hanging out in his room. Alright, here it goes. "Maxon?" I say. "What is it darling?" he inquired. "One of the guards kissed me today, " I confess. "What?! Did you kiss them back? Who was it?!" he shrieks. "No I didn't kiss him back, " I say. I pull up the security footage to show him. He sees me pull away and slap him and yells at him. "Aspen Leger!" he says angrily. He stomps out of the room and I tell after him but then just follow him. "Aspen Leger!!!" he yells. He finally sees him, and I mouth I'm sorry. Maxon yells at him. Then we walk back to his room. "I-I can't believe him!" Maxon yells. "Maxon calm down. You know I don't have any feelings for him. I love you and only you, " I say rubbing my hand on his arm. He nods. "I'm sorry Maxon, but I can't change the past that more than we know, " I apologize thinking of our first kiss. It was unexpected and I pulled away. Then I rubbed his forehead " erasing the memory". We tried the first kiss again and it was amazing. I sometimes miss those times. "Well I have to work, Maxon, " I say. "I still don't think this is safe, " he says. "Of course not. When have we ever done anything safe though, " I say with a laugh. "Don't forget about the report tonight, " he reminds. "Ok see you then, " I say. I kiss him and get to work. Finally, it's the end of my workday. I get ready for the report in another fabulous dress. I chose one that isn't form-fitting.

I absolutely love it

I absolutely love it. My maids weren't kidding when they say it looked like a fairytale gown. "Hey, " I whisper to Maxon as I take my seat. "Hi, " he whispers back. "Anne, Mary, and Lucy really have outdone themselves once again, " I whisper with a laugh. "It helps when they have someone ever so lovely as you, " he whispers. I blush. The national anthem plays then Gavril comes out to talk. He walks over to the king and queen and Maxon and me. "So that pageant was certainly something, " Gavril says. "It certainly a bad idea, Gavril, " I say glaring at Maxon jokingly. "So Princess America does that mean you were against it?" he interrogates. "Quite so Gavril. Someone convinced me that it was a good idea, " I say and gesture to Maxon. "So Prince Maxon, you thought it was a good idea?" Gavril asks. "I thought it was a good idea to bring people together, " he says. "It turned out quite disastrous, " Maxon continues. "I must say America, I don't know how you handle being shot so many times, " Queen Amberly says shocked. "I would do anything for the people I love, " I say. "And we can't thank you enough for that, " she declares. "I still don't think it is a good idea, " Maxon says. "Sure it is, " I say with a wave of my hand like it's no big deal. "I'm serious you could get killed, " he says. "So you two don't agree on that, " Gavril says. "No. I don't see why it's such a big deal, " I say. "It is a big deal, " Maxon says getting agitated. I see King Clarkson signal to turn the cameras off. "Maxon I'm fine, " I say also getting aggravated. "America you could be killed, " Maxon says raising his voice. "I haven't been killed yet Maxon I think I'll be fine!" I start raising my voice. "You are even more of a threat now that you are a princess! And you are off trying to get yourself killed instead of somewhere safe!" he yells. I just stare at him. He puts his hands on his head and starts to pace and says, " Oh my gosh. I'm the reason that you are in more danger. It's not just being a guard. America, It's me, " he says sounding like he's about to break. "I'm the prince and I put you in more danger making you princess. Or they'll kill you trying to get to me.." he says cracking. Great, now I feel really bad. He rushes out. "Maxon wait!" I yell after him. I try to run after him but these stupid heels keep me from doing so. I take them off and say to the king queen and Gavril, " Whoever invented heels was very stupid." I run after him holding up the bottom of my dress so I wouldn't trip in it on one hand and in the other hand, I have my shoes. I finally reach Maxon's room where I assume he'll be. I walk in to see Maxon on the edge of his bed with his hands over his eyes. "Hey, " I say with a sad smile.  He looks up tear stains around his eyes. " It's me America. You are in even more danger because of me. If you were just any guard you might get injured, but America I put you in even more danger, " says broken. "I get on my knees in front of him after I put my shoes down. "Maxon look at me, I wouldn't trade you for anything. I don't care if that means I won't be as safe as others. I'm safe with you Maxon, " I way with a sad smile. "America you could die because of me. When I decided to make you princess I didn't even think that you wouldn't be safe. I'm sorry, " he apologizes. "Maxon stop. I love you and I know you'll keep me safe. It's not your fault, " I say. "I had to do the pageant and you got shot because of that, " he says. "Things happen there is nothing you can do, " I say. "Maxon, you don't think I'm safe being a guard right?" I ask. "I don't think you are safe because of me, " he says. "What if I stopped being a guard until after we have a child?" I asked. "America you love that job and we don't know how long that'll be, " he says. "I love you more, " I say and I grab his hands and our hand just rests on his knees. "I'm still doing posts though and making sure the guards are doing what they need to do and I'm still going to work, " I rant. "Ok, " he says. I get up onto my knees instead of sitting back on them and I kiss him. "I love Prince Maxon Calix Schreave, " I say. "And I love you, Princess America Singer Schreave, " he says. "I like the sound of that, " I say with a giggle. He smiles and kisses me some more.

Comment why you think he was talking about taking a break soon 😉 at the beginning of the chapter please vote! Comment any ideas, please. I love you guys!