21st Birthday

So tomorrow is my 21st birthday and I am so excited! It's been a few months since Halloween. It's the beginning of February right now. Right now I'm at my post outside of Maxon's office. I hear screaming. The rebels. I hit the alarm and Maxon comes running out if his office. "Hurry we need to get you to the safe room, " I say. I already here rebels on this floor. I'm behind Maxon trying to get him to the safe room. We get to the door and I hear voices saying, "Where is the royal family!" I drag Maxon out quickly and have to find another safe room. As we are running I feel a sharp pain in my back. I was shot in the back again. I turn around and shoot. I have to get him to a safe room. Finally an empty one! I push Maxon into the room and he pulls me in and closes the door. "Maxon I need to be out there, " I say. "No you did your part, " he says. I take off my guard jacket and walk over to the sink to rinse the blood out of it. I haven't gotten injured since right before Halloween. "America are you okay, " he rushes over to me. I nod. He sees the blood rushing down the drain. "America you aren't okay, " he says. I hang my jacket up and take my tank top off (I still have my swimsuit looking sports bra on). I rinse my tank top out and Maxon sees my back. Maxon goes over to the first aid box and cleans my wound out and wraps a huge roll of ace bandage around my waist. "Thanks, " I say. We wait for an hour or two for the other guards to open all the safe rooms. I go to the hospital wing and get stitched up.
The next day...
   My maids made me a gorgeous dress.

Maxon insisted on throwing a ball for my 21st birthday

Maxon insisted on throwing a ball for my 21st birthday. There is a knock at my door. Every guard gets off on their birthday so I'm off. Mary gets the door. It's Maxon. Mary lets him in. "Happy birthday America, " Maxon says holding out a bouquet of flowers. "Thank you, " I say. I kiss him. Lucy puts the flowers into a vase. "So what are you wearing tonight?" he asks. "All I'm telling you it's an electric/royal blue, " I say. "Ok, " he says. He takes me out to the gardens to have a picnic for lunch. After that, we both have to get ready for the ball. My maids help me get ready.

They do my hair in a gorgeous updo with beautiful makeup (makeup is the same as in the picture with the hairdo)

They do my hair in a gorgeous updo with beautiful makeup (makeup is the same as in the picture with the hairdo). Everyone will be there at the ball before I make my entrance. Maxon will be waiting at the bottom of the stairs for me. I walk out and wait to walk where everyone can see me. The announcer says, "Now introducing Lady America Singer. A royal guard who has received the medal of honor for putting herself before the royal family. She is the first female guard. She is 21 years old today, " he says. I walk out and down the grand staircase. Everyone cheers. Maxon is in awe of me. He puts his hand out and I rest mine in his when I get to the bottom of the staircase. "You look extraordinary, " Maxon says. "Thank you, " I say and blush. Everyone, either slow dances, talks, or eats. Maxon and I slow dance. He wraps his arms around my waist(as usual) and I wrap mine around his neck(again as usual). We just stare into each other's eyes. "More photographers, " Maxon whispers. I let out a small laugh. "Maxon I can't think of anything that could make this night any better, " I say. "I can, " he says. My face has a look of confusion on it. He lets go of me and takes a step back. "Maxon what is it, " I inquire. I'm suddenly aware we are in the middle of the floor and everyone is in a circle around us watching. He gets down on one knee and holds out a ring box. Which has an engagement ring in it.

 Which has an engagement ring in it

The ring is gorgeous. Both our birthstones. I can't believe this; he's proposing. "America I've loved you since the very first day you were here. I want to be able to love you for the rest of my life. You might not be queen-yet- but you rule my heart. You bring meaning into my life. I can't imagine living my life without you in it. Will you make me the happiest man on earth and be my wife?" he says. I look at him with tears in my eyes. My hands are covering my mouth. I take my hands off my face. "Maxon... Yes, I'll marry you, " I say through happy tears. He puts the ring on me and picks me up and spins me around. He kisses me while still holding me. "I love you, " I say. "I love you too, " he says. "We are actually getting married this time right?" I whisper. "Yes America, " he says. We both laugh. Everyone cheers. "Everyone knew about this?" I ask Maxon. "Yeah, " he says. "Maxon, we are engaged!" I say. Queen Amberly and King Clarkson come up to us. "Congratulation you two, " Queen Amberly says. "Congratulations, " King Clarkson says. We are all in a group hug. Then May and Gerad come running over. Everyone congratulates us. "Did that make tonight better?" Maxon asks. "Yes, Maxon. So much better, " I say.

I made this chapter extra long to make up for the shortness of the last chapter!