Visitors

So today the Italians are coming again and that means I get to see my dear friend who is now, Queen Nicoletta! She should be coming into the ballroom any minute now. Maxon and I are just talking until she gets here. Oh, and Nicoletta's husband and Maxon have become good friends. I feel a tap on my shoulder and I whip my head around. It's Nicoletta! "Hey!" we both squeal at the same time. Maxon walks with Nicoletta's husband, Anthony, to one of the tables to talk and we do the same. "You're pregnant?!" she exclaims. "Yeah! One boy and one girl, " I say. "Twins!" she says. So we talk for a few hours and then I say "So you are pregnant." "How did you know?" she whispers. "Your husband keeps glancing over at you every few minutes and you turned down wine, " I explain. "How long?" we both ask in unison. "7 months, " I state. "1 week, " she states. "Please don't tell anyone I have only told him, " she pleads. "I won't, " I promise.  A few hours later they have to leave to go back home. I wish she could stay longer but they do have a country to run and all.
A few months later...
So I'm in my office working when a terrible pain comes in my stomach. The babies are coming. I waddle to Maxon's office as fast as possible. I clutch onto the doorframe. "Maxon, " I struggle to breathe out. "He whips his head toward me and rushes over. "What's wrong?" he asks. "The babies are coming, " I grunt. He picks me up and brings me to the hospital wing. He is very strong. "So we decided on Eadlyn and Ahren right?" I question. "I believe so, " he says. It's like I weigh nothing to him!
A few hours later...
Dr. Ashlar hands me Eadlyn and Ahren, my beautiful babies. "Maxon look Ahren looks just like you, " I say with a smile. He's beaming. "Eadlyn looks just like your mother, " I say. "She's beautiful, " he says. Maxon holds the twins for a few minutes and then hands them back to me. "Do you want visitors?" Dr. Ashlar asks. Maxon turns to me. "Of course, " I reply. King Clarkson and Queen Amberly come in. "Hi!" Queen Amberly says excitedly. "Hi, " Maxon and I say in unison. "Who do we have here?" Amberly asks. "Ahren. Who is a mini version of Maxon. And Eadlyn who is a mini version of you, " I say. She looks even happier when I said that eadlyn looks just like her. Happy tears fall down her face. "Would you like to hold them?" I ask them. They both nod. "Who wants who first?" Maxon asks. "Eadlyn, " Amberly says. "Ahren, " King Clarkson says. Maxon hands them both to them.
The next day after dinner...
  Maxon had to leave dinner early to get his work for the day done. King Clarkson has had a little too much to drink in my opinion, but we are celebrating the birth of the twins. "So who is older Ahren or Eadlyn?" King Clarkson asks. "Eadlyn by 7 minutes, " I respond. "Ahren will still be the heir though, " he states. "No. Eadlyn will become Queen and she will have her own selection. 35 suitors. She will have her prince consort, " I state. "The male always is the heir, " he says raising his voice. "Well we are not going to deprive our firstborn of her privileges, " I say raising my voice. "Oh yes you will!" he yells. "She is the heir!" I yell back. He gets up and slams his fork down. He stomps over to me and yanks me up. Ugh! He's dragging me to his office. No-no-no. He pulls out his cane great. I know better than to wear an open back dress. He pushes me to my knees and canes me 15 times. I whimper each time fighting the urge to cry. He hands me a cape to put on so nobody sees my back. "Do not tell a soul about this, " he barks."Yes your Majesty, " I reply solemnly. I walk back to my room and I lean on my bathroom counter while my maids clean my back up. A knock comes at my door. Right before I left King Clarkson's office he said not to let Maxon know. So I can't or he could hurt him. Mary runs off to answer it and it's Maxon. She tries to not let him in but he gets in anyway. Maxon walks back here and since the door isn't shut well he sees. His eyes bulge out his head and his jaw drops. I cover my eyes with my hands in an oh no way. "America what happened?" he asks concerned. "Its nothing, " I say. "America this obviously isn't nothing. We promised each other we wouldn't have secrets so tell me what this is about, " he pleads. Anne and Mary leave because Maxon said he would help me. "Over dinner, your dad had a little too much to drink. He asked who was the older twin. I said Eadlyn. He insisted that the heir was Ahren though. We argued and well this happened. Anne, Mary, and Lucy are the only others to know. Don't worry I didn't tell your mom, " I say. "America I'm so sorry this happened if I had only been there I could've stopped it, " he apologizes. "Maxon it's not your fault. I argued. I got myself into this. I am not fit to be a princess. I am not good enough to be your wife, " the last two lines made me sad. It also made Maxon's face drop. He finishes so I turn to him. "America we went over this you are all too good for me, " he says. "I'm going to go speak to my father as soon as you get settled in, " he says. "Do you need any more help?" he asks. "No. Thank you, " I say. Two hours later Maxon comes to tell me that his father and he had an argument and they are both mad at each other. We cradle our beautiful babies. We are elated over the fact that the rebels haven't attacked in nearly 9 months!