~14~

Sunset conversations

As the sun rises in the sky, the pair slowly makes their way towards the beach, their bare feet slowly grazing the sand as they walk

"I told Hobi we're all taking the day off." EunAe says placing her phone in her pocket, Namjoon nodding as he takes her hand. She is tempted to ask how he is feeling, but she doesn't want to make him feel uncomfortable, so instead, she waits until he feels like talking about it.

He still looks tired but not as much as before, he looks more relaxed and alive after spending the night at sea. Although he hasn't said a word ever since the sun rose, EunAe can tell that there's a lot going in his mind by the storms in his eyes.

Aware that the girl is still concerned for him, Namjoon tries his best to be as relaxed and calm as possible, but he himself isn't sure of what's to come next.

Namjoon knows that their hideout is not the same as the fresh, salty water freely roaming in the sea but it's a good alternative, one he is willing to try as much as possible if it means that he gets to spend more time with the girl.

Even while eating breakfast, neither says a word, afraid of the reality they might face if they do.

"It's such a nice day." EunAe says expanding her arms high into the sky, walking a few steps ahead of him so she can turn around and give him a smile, which the ladder returns as he looks up at the sky.

It is a nice day indeed.

"I'm sorry EunAe." He finally says after a while, his eyes barely meeting hers as he speaks.

EunAe stops in her tracks and turns around to face him, closing the gap between them by pulling him into a hug, which he immediately returns, breathing in her comforting scent as he nuzzles his head in the crook of her neck.

"It's okay." She reassures once again, her voice slightly muffled by his shirt. "We just need to take it slow." She adds looking up at him. "One step at a time."

"Yeah." Namjoon says nodding in agreement, letting out a small breath as he repeats the last words. "One step at a time."

As they break apart, Namjoon feels his head slightly throb, taking a step back as he tries to center himself.

"Do you want to go back for a bit more?" She asks, placing his hand on her shoulder to help steady him.

Namjoon manages to nods his head in response, he wants to refuse again but knows better than to do that. He doesn't want to feel weak, but that's just a side effect of choosing his own path on land.