~26~

Last Warning

Namjoon has a lot on his mind, the night seeming to stretch out into infinity as he stares at the ceiling.

He needs time to think, his brother's words present in the back of his mind.

Letting out a heavy sigh through his nose, he slowly sits up, smiling at the girl's peaceful sleeping form next to him.

Placing a soft kiss on her temple, he reaches for his notepad and leaves her a note, deciding that a swim is what he needs to calm his mind.

I'll be back soon. He thinks to himself, looking at the girl one last time before he closes the door.

As quietly as possible, he makes his way to the glass door on the other room, wincing when the floor slightly creaks under his weight. His body freezes up on the spot, carefully listening for any signs of the girl waking up.

When nothing happens, Namjoon lets himself breathe again, staring at the blurry reflection of his self for a brief moment as he closes the door.

With another sigh, he looks up to the sky and starts making his way to the beach, admiring the fading stars combined with the first rays of light emerging from the sea.

The scenery is peaceful, the beach mostly empty since it's still early in the morning, giving Namjoon the perfect opportunity to gather his thoughts as he sits by the shoreline and listens to the sea, the pleasant sound of the waves rolling around bringing him a sense of comfort, but still not as much as being in the sea.

Slowly rising to his feet, he finally makes his way to the sea, taking his time as he enjoys the pleasant feeling of the water gently caressing his feet, the sea slowly luring him in.

His eyes are closed in a bliss, the water now reaching up to his waist. He can never get tired of this. The refreshing feeling of diving into the ocean after a long day on land, the cool water just what he needs to calm his racing mind.

After floating on the surface for a few minutes, Namjoon takes in a deep breath, letting himself sink to the sandy bottom, his eyes looking up to the surface as he thinks, finally allowing himself to think about the conversation he has been trying to push to the back of his mind.

"Joon-ah," Jin's soft voice calls out, carefully watching his brother's reaction out of the corner of his eye, "I'm going to be honest. Things aren't what they used to be." He says with a sigh.

"Our numbers are growing smaller by the day and father isn't getting any younger. He is still strong, but even though he hates to admit it, we can see him struggle more and more."

"We could really use your help."

"I've tried my best hyung. I know there is no perfect solution, and that everything has advantages and disadvantages, but he doesn't want to listen. There's not much I can do about that." Namjoon says with a sigh. "You know I want to help. But not like this. Not if he is not willing to change."

His brother stays quiet at his words, Namjoon's heart dropping in his chest by what he says next.

"Do you think do you at least visit? I would hate for us to part ways like this."

"I'll think about it hyung." Namjoon promises, hating the idea of his family being exposed out there. If something were to happen to them...

He shakes his head at the thought. His brother is right though, he does need to settle this before it's too late. But why does he have to chose? Why can't he have both?

Without realizing it, Namjoon had started swimming, his body tensing up when he spots two familiar figures in the distance.

It's them.

He knows he can out swim them, but the idea of them following him to the land makes him shiver. For now, it is best for him to keep them in the water, right where he can see and feel them.

"Namjoon," one of them says as they approach, "this is your last warning. Come back with us or suffer the consequences."

When the boy stays quiet, the protectors get into a defensive position, their bodies tense as they prepare their weapons. Much to their surprise however, Namjoon raises his hands in a surrendering manner.

"I will not resist." He says, the protectors exchanging a glance at his words.

Usually the boy was quick to make an escape.

"Is this a trap?" The other one asks, the boy shaking his head at the question.

After thinking about it for a while, he finally responds.

"Give me two days." Namjoon says. "No need to come for me, I will go to you at sunset."

Knowing they can trust his word, the protectors exchange a nod and bow their heads, signaling their agreement by placing a fist over their hearts.

"Very well Namjoon." They say. "You have two days."

"Thank you."

Two days should be enough time to prepare.

He has been avoiding his duty for too long. It's time to deal with this once and for all. He just has to figure out a way to break the news to the girl.

Hi loves! It's been a while! Sorry about that >~< I hope you enjoyed yes this chapter! Also, I made a playlist for Legend of Ilsan, so if you're interested feel free to check it out

Hi loves! It's been a while! Sorry about that >~< I hope you enjoyed yes this chapter! Also, I made a playlist for Legend of Ilsan, so if you're interested feel free to check it out. It really got me in the mood for writing. It's under vanessleev on Spotify.^^ hope you have a lovely day~
~Van
(2021.07.24)