~15~

Advice from a friend

Pleasant music softly plays around the book cafe, the strong coffee scent mixed with that of old books quite comforting to the boy.

After a few days rest at their special place, Namjoon feels happy to be back to their usual routine.

It had only been a few days since he had last visited the book cafe, but it felt like an eternity to him.

So now, the curious boy sits by the window, an ice americano on his hand while he watches people walk by. Somehow it allowed him to think better when surrounded by activity, and he finds it quite peaceful to see people go on and about on their daily life.

Of course, as he does so, the curious boy takes note of their habits but he has many questions. Questions no book can really answer for him.

After debating for a while and seeing that the pace of the cafe is slow, Namjoon nods to himself and heads to his friend, determined to satisfy his curiosity.

"Hob-ah," Namjoon starts approaching the counter, "can I ask you something?"

"Sure." He says with a smile. "What can I help you with?"

"Well..." He starts, pausing as he tries to decide what to ask first. "I just have some questions..."

"Okay, about?"

Namjoon clears his throat and lowers his voice as he gets closer to his friend, the latter intrigued as he also gets closer. "I'm curious about how human relationships work."

"Ahhh.." Hoseok says with a nod, his lips curving into a smile as he looks at the boy. "Oooh I see..."

"What do you want to know?"

"Well, just in general how they work, they seem to be quite...complicated."

"Well, you're not wrong about that my friend." Hoseok says with a small laugh at the end. "But it's quite a lengthy topic."

"I see." Namjoon says with a nod, a hand on his chin as he watches a nearby couple interact.

"How about this," Hoseok starts breaking him out of his thoughts, "I'll tell you everything you need to know after work, how does that sound?"

"I would like that." Namjoon says giving his friend a dimpled smile.

"Okay." Hoseok says squealing in excitement, waving to the girl as she walks by. "EunAe, is it cool if we hang out with Namjoon after?" Hoseok asks.

"Sure." She says with a smile. "Just be careful please."

"Alright!" Hoseok cheers. "Buckle up my friend, it's going to be a fun ride."

🦀🦀🦀

Five minutes before the cafe closes, a hooded man walks in, greeting Hoseok with a simple wave of his hand before he quietly makes his way towards one of the tables.

"All done." Hoseok says after a while, signaling Namjoon with his head as he gets his things.

With hesitant steps, Namjoon follows his friend as he walks towards the mysterious person from earlier, who patiently waited for them to finish.