~27~

JUST ONE DAY

If you only had one day left with the person you love most, how would you spend it?

Just one day is more than enough to spend his time with her. If this is all the time they have, then so be it. He will make the most of it.

But is not as easy as it seems. There is much to do and not enough time to do everything, so where should he begin?

Knowing that he has to go for a while, Namjoon has their last couple of days all planned out. It may not be what he originally had in mind, but he knows one thing for sure, he is going to make their last days together special, filling them with memories to last a lifetime.

A lifetime.

Namjoon laughs bitterly at the thought. Why does it always seem like they are running out of time?

"Are you ready to go?" He asks.

"Ready," the girl replies with a smile, Namjoon smiling at her as he adjusts the scarf around her neck, resisting the urge to pull her into his arms.

Spring has just arrived but the breeze is still cool enough for one to catch a cold.

"Let's go then," he says offering his hand, the girl taking it without hesitation.

Many glances are exchanged as they walk towards the bus stop, but neither says a word, instead enjoying each other's company in comfortable silence.

She had a feeling this was coming.

Given how persistent they have been, she knows it's something extremely important. But she would be lying if she said that she isn't slightly disappointed. She was really hoping they could finally spend more time together.

Her thoughts are interrupted when the bus pulls up in front of them, the two moving in sync as they stand up, her hand in his the whole time.

As soon as they settle in their places, EunAe slowly rests her head on his shoulder, the boy smiling at the action, his arm wrapping around her shoulders to pull her closer to him and into a comfortable position, placing a gentle kiss on the top of her head before he turns his attention to the window, the sun barely rising in the horizon, painting the sky a pretty orange and red color, bright like the start of their day.

The girl raises her eyes to look at him, his face reflecting the bright colors in the sky, the moment something she wants to treasure forever.

She takes in his every detail in silence, his soft features, dark brown hair that matches his honey toned skin so perfectly, his warm hand together with hers, his fingers gently playing with hers even though his gaze is fixed far away.

After a while, they arrive at their destination, the sky above them now blue.

"Are we going for a ride?" EunAe asks.

"Not today," Namjoon answers with a shake of his head, "let's go for a walk instead."

"A walk sounds good," She agrees, her eyes brightening up at the sight in front of them. "Come on Jonnie!" She says, slowly letting go of his hand as she runs ahead, spinning under the shower of cherry blossom petals, the girl smiling brightly at him as she motions for him to join her.