~32~

HOME

     Far in the distance, the girl lets out a soft sigh as she sets her papers down on her desk, her head snapping up in surprise when she hears a familiar sound

She hesitates for a brief moment before jumping up to her feet, rushing to the sea to meet him.

On the other side, far out at sea, his heartbeat quickens in his chest, hands reaching to grab his own conch to let her know he's coming home.

He wanted to surprise her, but he can't wait any longer. He has been waiting far too long to be reunited with her. He just has to let her know.

In a few hours, he will able to hold her in his arms again.

A smile forms on his face as their spot comes into view, the boy barely registering his actions as he rushes out of the sea and quickly changes into his spare clothes, a familiar figure already visible on the horizon.

No words are exchanged as she runs towards him with full force, the boy easily catching her as she runs into his arms.

Spinning her around, the two smile widely at each other, their faces so bright that they could illuminate the sky.

With a chuckle, the boy slowly sets her down, the two tripping as a breeze blows by, ending in the couple laughing down on the sand.

For a moment, the two quietly lie down next to each other, admiring the view for a brief moment, their first moment together in a while.

Propping herself on her elbows, the girl slowly stands up, the boy reaching for her hand to pull her back down again.

"Let's just stay like this for a bit." He says.

"Okay." She agrees, putting her hair behind her ear as she looks at him.

Adjusting her position, the girl places her hands on each side of his face, holding herself up a few inches away from his face.

As she gazes at him, she admires his every detail, drinking in his figure as she rests on top of him. The boy does the same, his hand caressing her cheek as he lovingly gazes into her eyes.

Once she gets tired, the two stand up, dusting the sand of their clothes in the process.

"I got your message." She says after a while.

"You did?" He asks in surprise, pressing his forehead against hers as her hands come up behind his ears, gently holding him.