~23~

Visitors

Two sets of eyes carefully watch from a distance, their heads steadily above the water level as they wait for the right time to approach land.

As the sky darkens, they finally make their move.

How are we going to find him?" One of them questions.

We'll find out a way. The other responds responds. Let's just walk around for now.

The youngest one replies with a nod, wincing as he drags himself out of the water and onto the rough sand.

After a painful transition, the pair wastes no time, immediately starting the search for the missing boy.

Meanwhile, on the beach, Namjoon's head snaps up when he hears loud noise in his mind, the familiar sounds springing him up to his feet.

"What's wrong?" EunAe asks standing up as well, her eyes scanning the beach for any signs of danger.

"They're here." Namjoon says tensing, a frown on his face as he tries to locate the direction of the sound.

Mer people have a special way of communicating, a special frequency that only they can use. But such frequency grows weaker on land, thus leaving Namjoon confused.

He recognizes the sound, but could it really be them?

His suspicions are confirmed when the pair comes into view in the distance, slowly walking towards him.

Why are they here? Namjoon wonders with a frown, gently grabbing EunAe's wrist to pull her behind her just in case.

There is no mistake.

Namjoon's eyes widen briefly before he regains his composure. He is glad to see them and is relieved to know that it's not someone else, but at the same time he can't help worrying. They were always opposed to the idea of coming to land. It is the very reason they had a disagreement before Namjoon left. So why did they come?

"J-Jin hyung?" Namjoon calls out softly, swallowing hard as his oldest brother stops in front of him. "Taehyung?"

"It's been a while Joon-ah." The eldest greets with a smile, looking behind him as he notices the girl. "Is this her?"

"Is she the friend you always talked about?" The youngest son asks flashing the girl a boxy grin as he waves his hand. "This is how you greet land people right?" He asks looking to his brother who nods in response.

"Something like that." He says scratching his temple, his grip around the girl loosening.

Meanwhile, the girl watches the interaction between them, surprised by how well they speak the language.

Of course they can talk, Namjoon must have taught them. EunAe thinks to herself.

"Hi." She says coming back to her senses. "I'm EunAe."

"Nice to meet you." He says with a bow.

"Ah, these are my brothers." Namjoon explains. "Seokjin hyung and Taehyung."