01| A Siren's Song

***

It was an unusually hot night in Gotham, the humidity in the air leaving no desire to do much of anything. Though that didn't seem to be the case for Harley who was continuous tossing daggers of the sketch of The Joker I had made for her.

"Am I the only one that's bored?" Harley questioned as she tossed another dagger at the drawing on the wall, this time it embedded itself in The Joker's right eye. "I fell like I'm the only one that's bored. I wanna do something excitin'!"

Looking up from my sketch of the new suit Harley requested, I stole a glance at Ivy who was occupied watering her plants. Usually if was Ivy and I who had to keep Harley out of trouble, Selina usually lacking the patience to deal with her antics. "Why didn't you go out with Selina?"

"You know Kitty she's so serious sometimes." She replied with a frustrated sigh throwing yet another dagger at the picture, an activity that used to bring her joy seemed to have lost all its appeal n"Ya know a real stick in the mud. Just don't tell her I said that."

"She doesn't have too." Selina declared as she entered the room a sour expression on her face though it didn't seem to be due to Harley's words. She was in her new Catwoman suit we had just finished a couple days ago, after a long discussion it was agreed that her purple was in desperate need of an upgrade. This new black look was much more mysterious and sexy, a look that fit her much better.

Lately Selina had been spending more nights out, the reason why was still a mystery. But the more nights she disappeared meant that her mood would be unpredictable the next day. In fact it was a surprise that she was back this early. Setting my sketch pad I stood concerned by Selina's almost foul mood. "Selina what's wrong?"

Her features seemed to soften for a moment before the wall at the far right of the room began to shake, causing all of us to immediately hold a defensive stance. Suddenly the brick wall seemed to shatter like glass revealing a large man with a skull like mask and large silver gauntlets.

"Who the hell is this?" Ivy questioned her usually passive features instantly twisting into irritation as the plant around the room immediately shifted protectively around her. The sight itself would have been terrifying if it wasn't for the fact that I had seen the real extent of her abilities.

"Looks like I hit the jackpot! Catwoman, Poison Ivy..." The man looked around the room eagerly before his eyes landed on Harley and I with mild confusion and interest. "Who are you two?"

It was no surprise that he didn't know who I was, and although Harley's pale skin would have normally given away here identity the sight of her in pajamas and not her iconic jester costume might have confused the man who clearly wasn't very bright to begin with.

"Me I'm Harley fucking Quinn skull head! An' the pleasures all yours!" Harley exclaimed excitedly as she ran towards the man slipping through the air with the intention of kicking him in the face only he moved aside in tip catching Harley by the throat.

"The Harley Quinn? Freakin' sweet!" The masked man yelled as he tossed Harley to the side like she weighed nothing. His strength though not surprising considering he broke through the brick wall, was still astonishing though something told me that he wasn't a meta human. "Tomorrow everyone will know Boneblaster's the only guy with guts enough to whack the Joker's chick!"

Selina stepped forward defensively as her hand tightened around her whip. "How did you find us?"

"Doesn't matter." Ivy declared as she raised her hand a thick vine shooting across the room and towards this Boneblaster who effortlessly got a hold of the vines snapping them in half."No. How dare you!"