02| The Terror of Trigon

***

Before stepping through the invisible barrier I had not truly considered what would be on the other side. Seeing what seemed like a completely new world around me almost felt like a dream, more accurately a nightmare.

There were bodies everywhere, one could hardly take a step before coming across another body. Though that wasn't nearly as shocking as the fact that they all seemed to be wearing the same uniform.

Bending down took a closer look at the woman laying at my feet, dressed in a black and yellow clothing. An odd symbol stamped on the chest spelling out H.I.V.E. making it clear that there was so much more to this than we could even begin to understand.

Suddenly the ground began to shake causing me to immediately stand as what seemed like a portal opened behind the house. A large being suddenly emerged from the portal, its skin as deep a scarlet as the blood that surround us. And as it fully emerged the skies around us turned the same scarlet as the demon's skin. As horrible as the being looked, nothing was more terrifying than it's size as it towered over us.

The size of a skyscraper.

"What the fuck?" Jason exclaimed as we all looked up at the monstrous being. I truly couldn't find any better words to explain how I felt looking up at what apparently was Rachel's father, a concept that was more difficult to wrap my mind around than ever before. We truly were way in over our heads, it felt like there was no hope in winning this battle.

As much as I wanted to pretend the fear spreading through me wasn't real, there was no point in attempting to conceal it. However, the fear that seized me was one that I could not allow to drag me down, even if it felt all consuming.

"Like I said should have called fucking Superman." Hank muttered at no one in particular, but seeing the horror in his eyes let me feel slightly better about my own horror.

"More like the entire Justice League." Dawn replied softly her voice carrying its usually calm, but her eyes failed to conceal what she was attempting to hide. It was no surprise, I often found that you knew people better by looking at their eyes than listening to the words that they spoke. This was very much Dawn's case. "None of you happen to have their number."

Before any of us could reply a familiar scream rang through the air as the door to the house flew open and Gar came running towards us in despair. Blood covered his face as he suddenly wrapped his arms around my waist with incredible strength.

"Gar! What happened?" I questioned as I pulled him off of me to get a good look at his battered face. We had left him and Rachel alone for so long I could hardly even begin to imagine what happened during our absence. "Where's Dick?"

Gar looked over at what looked like a large portal behind the house. "He went after Rachel."

"X'Hal." Kory muttered in disbelief her features twisted in what almost resembled grief. "She must be in his dimension completing the trails."

I could almost feel all the blood drain from my face as I remembered the four hundred day trails that Kory had mentioned earlier. The thought alone of Dick and Rachel being wherever that thing came from made me want to scream in frustration, knowing that they were gone. We couldn't even begin to form any sort of plan as Rachel's father suddenly turned towards us.

"You have finally arrived to witness the terror of Trigon. I have wanted you alive to witness my power. I need an audience to witness my triumph." The being stated the power in his voice causing the ground below our feet to shake. There was a devilish smirk on his lips as he looked down at us with contempt. "But now your time had come. Your lives are forfeit. And you shall be destroyed by the symbol of your power. Your own darkness."