09| Mad Love

***

The alarm was echoing down the halls of the asylum, yet along with the alarm came chaos. It seemed that Harley caused a lot more trouble than the guards at Arkham were equipped to handle. Inmates were running rampant through the halls most of them harmless, but one could only imagine that the more dangerous residents were also on the loose.

"Would it be that bad if we let Harley kill Joker?" I muttered softly under my breath as walked through the hall, unsure exactly where we were headed. They could have Joker locked away anywhere, though he was far too dangerous to be placed with the average inmate. "I mean the city might actually see her as a hero."

"Its not The Joker we're protecting." Selina quickly reminded me though to me it seemed that Ivy was in more danger that Harley. Ivy wasn't thinking clearly and there was no doubt in my mind that she would tear down the entire building in search of Harley. "We're going to have to split up."

My eyes widened as I looked at her with a hint of uncertainty. With some of Gotham's worst running through the halls I didn't even want to consider running into Killer Crock or Deathstroke. "Nothing good ever happens when people say those words."

Selina seemed slightly amused at my words but quickly slipped into the seriousness of the current situation that we now found ourselves in. "The Bat and his Robin will be here any minute now. Maybe they're already here, we'll cover more ground this way."

Nothing else needed to be said as we went our separate ways, though it was easier said then done when having to deal with loose inmates. But the farther underground I went I knew that I had to be getting closer to The Joker's location as the empty cells labeled with the names of notorious Gotham villains became more common.

The sound of an explosion had me immediately running down the hall and around to corner towards the source of the sound, which went against my natural instinct to run the other direction. But the thought of one of the girls being in danger pushed me forward until I froze at the sight of a room coated in what seemed like mud. Though as the mud like substance began to move on its own it was difficult to look anywhere other than Robin who was laying on the floor a couple of feet away from me. He must have been thrown back from the explosion that created this mess.

"Hope I'm not disturbing anything." I stated as I looked down at him really not appreciating the drastic turn of events. Some part of me even hoped that I would have run into Batman himself again, even if that guaranteed me never leaving this building.

His eyes narrowed as he immediately got back on his feet. "I feel very turbed."

"Well, once you're done feeling... turbed maybe you can finally take care of him." I stated as I looked back at who I now recognized as Clayface, who was slowly began to come together again after whatever Dick had done to him previously.

"Like you could do better." He challenged and I couldn't help but steal another look at Clayface who was almost back to his full form. I didn't have time to waste here when my friends were in danger and the last thing that this city needed was Clayface on the street again. This was something that I knew I would instantly regret but there was no time and it was a risk that needed to be made.

The lights around us began to flicker as I began to redirect the electricity to Clayface's growing form. The instant that the electric current made contact with the monster it caused him to almost turn to stone as he immediately fell unconscious. It was a temporary solution but making sure that he was locked away was not my responsibility.

The silence that followed reminded me that I was not really alone, and what I could only describe as fear began to run through me at the thought of turning around to meet his eyes. I was surprised to find that they only seemed confused but as my name beginning to form on his lips and instinctively raised my hand not prepared for his hatred or disappoint meant just yet. Not sparing another thought I released an electric current at his too, one that Fighting tat instinct to make sure that he was okay I left to continue my search for the other Siren's, having to comfort myself with the knowledge that he was his suit had him well protected against threats like me.