05| The Iceberg Lounge

***

Although it had only been two nights since our stealing of the emerald cat of Bast, I still felt remnants of the excitement I felt that night coursing through me. I couldn't deny that there was a part of me that wanted to feel that excitement again, but it was also foolish of me to deny that I also yearned to see Dick.

His inability to recognize me still stung at my core, but it did allow to to come to the realization that he truly did not know me at all. That he never bothered to take time to look at the small details that I had memorized in him. There was no doubt in my mind that to him I was now a distant memory, but just like he moved on I was determined to do the same.

Pushing all thoughts aside I returned my focus on the red and black leather I was stitching together. I had lost myself in my work when suddenly the door to my room slammed open causing me to jump in my seat and accidentally poke myself with the nettle between my fingers. "Shit."

"Ya better get ready Sparky we're going out!" Harley exclaimed as he began to jump excitedly on my bed her pink and blue pigtails whipping wildly across her face.

"And where exactly are we going Harls?" I questioned as I set my materials aside, giving her my full attention. Harley was extremely unpredictable, but one thing that I knew for certain was that she always demanded attention.

Ignoring my question she leaped off the bed landing beside me, an excited shire escaped her lips as she picked up my sketchbook. Flipping through it eagerly a wide smile spread on her lips at the final design for her new suit. It was long ago decided that her red and black jester suit had to go, it was too deeply connected to The Joker. Someone who Harley claimed she no longer wanted to be linked to, even though the longing in her eyes at every mention of The Clown Prince of Crime could not be ignored.

I looked at the sketchbook in her arms hesitantly as I tended to be very protective of them, the only one I had ever willingly let go of was now in the hands of Bruce Wayne. A sketchbook full of ideas that he had surprisingly adapted into new versions of the Batman and Robin suits.

"I love it!" Harley exclaimed as she hugged the sketchbook close to her chest before pressing a quick kiss to my lips, a habit that she had gotten into lately. "When will it be ready?"

"About a week." I estimated although I knew that wasn't the answer the answer that she wanted to hear.

"Good." She declared as she surprisingly set the book gently down on the table. A determined look came over her face that soon became dark, a look that we had all associated with The Joker. Luckily he was someone the entire city didn't have to worry about about considering that he was defeat locked up in Arkham Asylum. Though realistically speaking we all knew it wouldn't last very long, he always escaped eventually.

I offered her an encouraging smile knowing what she tended to slip in a dark moon whenever she thought too deep about her times with The Joker. "Now, where exactly are we going?"

"We're going to Pengy's place. Just were that sexy little suit of yours and you're golden." Harley replied dismissively as she picked up a red lipstick from my vanity and applied it rather forcefully. I had heard about The Iceberg Lounge, a night club run by The Penguin, which was an extremely exclusive location to visit. "Kitty's coming too."

"And Ivy?"

Harley pouted already giving me an answer. "You know how Red is."

I was slowly getting to know Ivy, though she was difficult to understand as she tended to keep everyone at an arms length. Well, everyone except Harley.