22| Rose

***

With five people living under the same roof it was difficult to choose what to watch as our late night entertainment. After a lot of arguments between Rachel, Gar and Jason it was decided that every night would be alternate between who would choose what to watch for the night. Tonight was Rachel's night and naturally Game of Thrones was on, as unpredicted as Jason and Gar were in their choices it was always guaranteed that Rachel would be choosing Game of Thrones. A show that admittedly had started to grow on me.

Rachel, Gar and Jason were already gathered around the T.V. as Dick and I set up the snacks for the night.

"Your still upset about this morning." Dick whispered as he dumped a bag of chips into one of the glass bowls. Since the incident this morning with the coffee and realizing that he had lied about where he had gone with Rachel I had decided to avoid all interactions with Dick in order to prevent a fight between the two of us.

I turned towards Rachel, Gar and Jason who seemed to be intently watching the show. "You know how I feel about lies Dick. Especially from you."

Dick remained quiet for a moment before stepping closer taking my hand in his. "Trust me." He urged but I simply rolled my eyes and turned away from him. "Rachel and I were just out getting your birthday gift."

"Bullshit. My birthday is in six months." I countered lowering my voice as I realized that it wasn't just us in the room.

"Please don't fight." Gar mustered as he looked at Dick and from his seat on the couch. Jason and Rachel were also clearly listening into the conversation but chose to remain quiet as they never looked away from the television screen.

Stealing on last irritated glance at Dick I walked away from him setting the snacks on the coffee table in the living room before taking my usual seat on the couch. It wasn't long before Dick took his usual seat beside me, he remained still for a moment before slowly wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

As frustrated as I was with Dick and his continued tendency to keep things from me I wanted to trust him, and continuing to fight in front of the others would only make them uncomfortable and ruin their night. Once I rested my head on his shoulder, Dick seemed to immediately relax as he placed a kiss on top of my head.

By the time the episode ended Gar and Jason were already asleep, a fact that really seemed to annoy Rachel as Gar was the only one who always pretended to seem the slightest bit interested in the show. Just as we all began to clean up the mess that had been created around the living room the sound off police sirens and flashing red and blue lights had us all rushing to the window as a helicopter sped across the city.

Immediately Dick turned on the TV as the news broadcasted a police chase. To our surprise all the chaos was due to one silver haired girl who was single handedly taking on all of San Francisco's police force. But they didn't seem to be all she was running from as she was impressively jumping from rooftop to rooftop.

"Who the hell is that?" Gar questioned as he sat up eagerly in his seat. I knew what he was thinking from the eagerness in his eyes, they all wanted to take part in some action instead of having Dick's friends do all the dirty work. 

"A total badass." Jason replied not taking his eyes off the screen. He was at the edge of his seat and it was the first time win days that he seemed genuinely interested in something.

"Stay here." Dick ordered as he grabbed his jacket from the hanger before heading towards the elevator. Gar, Jason, and Rachel all turned towards me waiting for some kind of direction. As tempted as I was to have us all follow Dick I also wasn't going to send the three of them towards an unknown threat.