Chapter 37 distrust

(Bly's perspective)

I sat on the ship's ramp still shirtless and weapon less. I miss the good old days during the clone wars when it was me my brothers and Aayla life was better then it was simple. I looked off at the sun finally setting over the Lothal plains i put my arms around my legs and rest my chin on my knees I sit there for five minutes until I hear footsteps the blue haired kid sits down next to me not saying anything and looking off into the distance with me. He puts his arms around his legs turns his head toward me "I'm sorry about Kanan back there it's just h—" I put my hand up and he stopped talking I sighed "I understand he can't trust me ,the last time he saw a clone wars probably when they tried to gun him down". Ezra spread his legs out on the camp and rested his hands down on the ramp "I wasn't part of the clone wars as the Jedi didn't find me but I'm training now so maybe a friendship can emerge again between  clone and Jedi" he says I laugh to myself and shake my head "after the empire came to power the Kaminoans were destroyed and now mainly humans make up our ranks".

Ezra looked at the ground while is still stared off into the distance laying my legs down on the ramp "when I was 10 I remember clones like you coming to our village in Lothal as this is where I was where I lived" he says breaking the silence I chuckle to myself remembering the good times. "The battle of Lothal it started great for us we took much of the planet trying to hunt down admiral Trench and Ventress but unfortunately it took a turn since Ventress took many of my men I had a PTSD attack and since there was no commander to help Aayla Secura we lost the battle" I explained and I saw a tear come to the kids eye I was the cause of loosing the battle of his home world I felt horrible but that is the past now and I can't change what happened.

"Was Aayla Secura a Jedi?"a sad smile reached my face and I sighed "sh..she...she was ,yeah" the kid looked at me and confusion was spread across his face as a small tear fell down my cheek. "So you were the clone that fell in love with her" a masculine voice from behind got my attention me and Ezra turned to face the Jedi. "I was and I was the one who almost executed her" Kanan crossed his arms "why did you kill her and why did yo——" I didn't let him finish as I stood up "we had no choice" I shouted I was now pissed off with horrible memories flowing back of order 66. "We had chips in our head from the Kaminoans to make us kill our Jedi and believe me I tried to fight it and in the end I let her escape because I killed my own brothers to save her" tears fell down my as I fell to my knees Ezra came to my side and Kanan had a face of sympathy."I left the empire so I could find her" I muttered quietly but Kanan could hear.

Kanan sighed "what if you kill her" his sad voice spoke I looked up at him I pointed to the scar across my temple "that's where the chip was and I cut it out" I sighed once more as my head dropped to the floor "I tried to escape the empire once but failed and a man dressed in black pulled out a red lightsaber and scared my right cheek and cut off my right hand" I showed him my robotic hand and pointed to my still severely burnt cheek. I heard a new pair of feet come down into their cargo bay "you very brave for being able to escape the empire, how long have you been on the run" the twe'lek spoke "a year" I didn't look at her I kept my head to the floor. "I'm assuming they want to kill so if they do come after you then you'll need protection up my helmet fell infront of my still has a dent in it and still has the binoculars on top. I looked up at slowly she had the rest of my armour and my rifle "thank you" I smirked and she smiled back "suit up" she said.

(Ezra's perspective)

He was in Sabine's room getting into his armour since there were no other rooms for him as he did we were all waiting in the cockpit. Kanan still didn't completely trust the Bly but I'm sure we can I mean he had injuries all over his body and he said that the worst ones were from the empire. The door opened we all turned to face him he had cleaned the dirt off the armour. The yellow and white looked really nice together and the yellow really stood out. "Wow" I heard Sabine say I'm assuming she found him attractive seeing as she liked his six pack and I wasn't a fan of that "how do I look" he said with his helmet on. "You look great" I told him he nodded at me "thanks kid". I then turned my head to Hera hoping she would ask him the question she looked back at me as I begged with my eyes she smirked at me "Bly?" She asked he turned his attention "Yes captain?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to join our crew for the time being" he hesitated as he held his rifle over his shoulder "on one condition" he asked and Hera folded her arms and tilted her head "and what's that?" I chuckled to himself and then said "do you mind if you call me Commander Bly as it was my rank during the clone wars and Bly on its own sounds pretty plain" Hera smirked as she unfolded her arms "of course Commander". Kanan then got up and walked over to Bly "just don't disobey our trust" he moved past Bly into the rest of the ship. I knew it was going to take some time for Kanan seeing as the clones did try and kill him but I trust Bly and I'm sure he will aswell.