Chapter 40 old wounds

(Bly's perspective)
(Year 4 ajp) (4 years after Jedi purge)

We're at the local Lothal pub I saw Zeb gambling,Kanan was drinking, Sabine and Ezra were talking in a booth and I was sat at a table drinking by myself it's strange to think I've been with the ghost crew for a year. Through out the year we've been looking for Aayla everywhere but still no sign of her I mean we've been to Felucia 4 separate times and nothing. As I sat at the table I heard the doors open I looked up and saw a slim female walk in she had a black and yellow mask on so I didn't know what species they were but they looked at me a soon as they came in. I kept a close eye on them they kept to the edge of the room trying act like she's not looking at me but I've dealt with bounty hunters before since the empire has sent them after me last time I checked I had a 10,000 credit bounty on my head.

I keep drinking but underneath the chair I reach for my helmet I lift up the side of the helmet which is facing away from the bounty hunter and take a small blaster pistol which Sabine gave me as I'm not allowed to bring my DC-15A everywhere as it's too obvious. I hold the pistol close to my knee as the bounty hunter slowly reaches my side of the room infact she is behind me. I don't look back instead I pick up my drink again until she strikes a red blade just misses me as I moved out of the away. I grabbed her by the back of the neck and threw her on the table she dropped her lightsaber as I held her by her neck on the table at my mercy. The ghost crew noticed what happened and so did the very few people in the pub turn there attention to what has just taken place.

"Get off me" a familiar snake like voice says from underneath the mask.

Where have I heard that voice from before I searched my memory from all the way back when I was born 14 years ago and that's when it hit me like a blaster bolt through the head. I ripped the helmet off her face to reveal a pale faced night sister.

"Ventress" I said strangling even harder.

"Oh Commander I've missed you and what happened to you where did you get that burned cheek from" she said with a snarky tone and a smirk on her face but that just made me angrier as I pushed down harder against the table. I felt an arm on my shoulder I turned to see Kanan over my shoulder "not here" he told me I looked to see many horrified faces across the bar. I eased on her neck and pull back killing her in public probably isn't the best move but in private she is all mine. She gasped for her and I whispered to Kanan "we're taking her back as a prisoner she is worth a lot to me" he turned to me and nodded "fine" I got out my binders and out in them as I pulled her off the table and picked her sabre off the ground but remembered that she had a second one on her other hip so I took that aswell Ezra and Sabine came over as Kanan picked up Ventress's helmet.

As I turned around Ventress so I didn't have to look at her bantha like face I whispered to Sabine "go get Zeb, we're leaving" she nodded and put her helmet on and rushed over to Zeb. We began to walk out of the bar eyes watching us it was very uncomfortable once we left and began walking back to the ghost Kanan radioed into Hera "ghost this is spectre one, spectre seven is bringing back a prisoner". "What kind of prisoner?" Hera questioned so I decided to let her know "the bitchy type" I said into Kanan's com. I heard Ventress laugh "your waist I g your time with me Bly you might as well let me go surely I'm not worth all the effort" I laughed to myself little did she know that she was worth every second putting her in those binders was the greatest feeling Ive had in ages.

"Oh Ventress your worth every second of my time" I sarcastically said but Kanan then looked at her "wait Asajj Ventress Dooku's personal assassin" he shouted as he stopped in his tracks and I nodded "yep" I replied casually as I carried on walking. "I remember you, you attacked my master not even a year into the clone wars" she smirked at Kanan. "Oh I remember Kanan Jarrus you were so young at 9 years old and yet you fought so well you surprised me" it's weird to think Kanan was older then me as I was born 14 years ago which means Kanan is 9 years older then me. The rest of the walk was in silence with the 5 of us escorting Ventress to the Ghost Hera and chopper were waiting on the ramp for us "so who do we have here" she tilted her head and looked at our prize.

"Hera Syndulla meet Asajj Ventress, Asajj Ventress meet Hera Syndulla" I quickly said as I walked in to the the ghost with the ghost crew following. We sat her down on a box in the cargo hold and we all sat down infront of her "alright talk" I told her and she hissed at me but then sighed her eyes looking tired. "Just before the Jedi purge the Count Dooku saw no more point in me so he cast me aside he said I wasn't needed anymore he tried to kill me but I survived I became a bounty hunter on Coruscant I lived through when the republic became the empire and up until now I only worked on Coruscant but when I heard about a bounty on your head I couldn't pass it up so I've been trying to locate you for the last year and I've finally found you I've been dreaming of the day when I could plunge a lightsaber into your back like I did 6 years ago on Lothal to all your men including Stinger".

I was sick of her talking so I picked her up by the throat with my robotic hand and slammed her against the wall towering over her. "Because of you I've been given PTSD and you still laugh about the day when you killed all my brothers do you have no heart women" I felt a familiar hand come onto my shoulder I turned and saw Kanan shaking his head and I dropped her and Kanan took me away from her as Zeb and Sabine went to sort her out. He took me to the corner of the cargo hold next to the yellow ladder "Bly I know your angry but maybe we can make her change help her" he told me but I just sniggered at that comment "oh Kanan you can't change that witch I'm afraid she's staying the same" I crossed my arms glaring at him "maybe she can" I don't think he realises that she's the reason I have PTSD that she's the reason I punched Ezra in the nose out of everybody I thought he'd understand "I doubt that" I told him as I moved away back to the assassin.

8 hours later

It was late into the night and we were all sleeping while Ventress was in binders on her hands and legs  down in the cargo hold the rest of the group said we'd not going to kill her or keep her we'll just throw her on a planet but I still want to put a hole into her brain. I heard the door open immediately my eyes opened luckily I was facing away from the door so they couldn't see me open my eyes I had a bad feeling about who this was. As the door shut the person slowly walked over to me all I knew was it wasn't Zeb he was a lot louder when he walked or Sabine as she was above me. Slowly the person looked over my bed and the red shadow returned but I rolled out o pc bed onto the hard silver ground so she instead hit my bed with her saber I sweeped legs so she fell onto her knees and I knew it. "Ventress why can't you just go back to bed" I asked she forced pushed me out of the room hitting Kanan and Hera's room I prepared to click the button to open their door but I realised there was a lightsaber hole in it so their door was locked.

"Bly" I heard Sabine shout as the doors shut and Ventress came out and put her blade through the doors controls so it couldn't open. My amber eyes and her ocean eyes met again she swung at me but I backed up into the ladder that goes up to one of the guns I ran around the ladder as she swung again this time hitting the ladder. I ran into the cockpit and quickly shut the door as she swung and hit the door again I quickly ran for Zeb's electro staff and went down the yellow ladder into the cockpit. I turned on the electro staff as I heard a bang up stairs of metal hitting with metal. I readied my self as I knew what was coming it was either life or death. The red casted a shadow over the ladder all the way down into the cargo hold and she jumped down with her two blades in hand "prepared to die" she asked as she charged I blocked the first attack as she aimed for my head trying to do something that I assume she did to Shots.

I ducked and shocked her leg she cried out in agony as I pushed her back I pressed a button to open the ramp out but as I just finished she charged again we parried each other's attacks and traded blows until the door finally opened and she force pushed me out into the Lothal grass and hard ground I had dropped the electro staff so when I got up I saw Ventress jump at me I managed to block her hands from getting any closer but the blades were just inches away from my neck this was it I didn't stand a chance against the former assassin. An evil grin was stuck on her face this was it I was dead. I blaster bolt goes off and she stops attacking we both breath heavily as she looks at her stomach and spots a blaster shot straight through her stomach. Her sabres turn off as she falls down next to me dead at last.

(4th sisters perspective)

"Nice shot 4th sister" the 8th brother congratulated me I smirked at me "well I wasn't going to allow that average bounty hunter take my kill" I told him zooming in on my macrobinoculars. "Let's engage" he said but I put my and up to stop him "patients brother tomorrow he'll be my kill".