Twenty one

Third person

Jonah helped Chloe carry Zach back into the house. They set Zach down on the couch.

"I'll get the first aid kit." Chloe said quickly as she rushed to the kitchen. Pain pierced through her head but she chose to ignore it. She got a wet cloth and grabbed the first aid kit.

"What was all that yelling for?" A tired Corbyn asked as he walked into the living room. Chloe pushed past him and knelt down near Zach.

"Holy shit! what happened?" Corbyn asked Jonah.

"Chase happened." Jonah replied quickly.

Chloe wiped up the blood off of Zach's face. She looked for any signs of anything broken.

"I don't think he broke his nose." She mumbled as she continued to clean up all the blood.

Zach groaned as he started to regain consciousness.

"You are okay. I'm cleaning you up." Chloe said trying to calm him down.

"What happened?" Zach asked as he tried to sit up. He immediately groaned in pain and grabbed the back of his head.

"Chase kicked your ass." Jonah says sharply.

"Jonah!" Chloe squeals.

"Did you want me to lie to him?" Jonah asked the blonde girl.

She shook her head and averted her attention back to Zach.

"Where is he?" Zach asked her.

"He's gone. Jonah scared him away." Chloe replied softly.

"I can't believe I didn't beat him." Zach mumbled in defeat.

"You got one good punch in." Jonah says trying to cheer Zach up.

"Did he hurt you?" Zach asked the blonde girl as he examined her face.

"He just pushed me over but I'm fine." She replied.

Zach rubbed his eyes and looked down at Chloes hand. He grabbed her hand and rubbed his fingers against her palm. Chloe turned and looked into his eyes.

"I'm sorry I didn't protect you." Zach replied softly.

"We're just gonna leave and give you two a moment." Corbyn said as he dragged Jonah into another room.

"You did protect me. You punched chase. Yes he kicked your ass but you tried." Chloe said trying to make Zach feel better.

"Jonah was the one who saved you." Zach mumbled as he sat up. He groaned in pain and grabbed his face.

"Damm chase really knows how to beat someone up." Zach said sharply.

"Yeah I know." Chloe replied softly.

Zach gave her a sad look as he wrapped his arm around her back and pulled her into his chest. Chloe cuddled into his embrace.

"Why do I suck at picking boyfriends?" Chloe mumbled into Zach's chest.

"You dated one psychotic boyfriend. Now you know not to let someone treat you like that and hopefully you will find someone else who is better." Zach replied softly.

"What if he comes back here?" Chloe asked as worry entered her voice.

"If he does I will protect you." Zach said softly.

Chloe didn't want to make him feel bad but she didn't think Zach could protect her from chase. She felt safer because all the boys were there. She did feel safe in Zach's arms but she knew Chase could kick Zach's ass.

"It's 4 am. I've never seen you get up before 11." Chloe said sarcastically to Zach.

He smiled down at Chloe and she smiled back at him.

"Let's do something fun today." Zach said as he looked down at her.

"Like with the guys?" She asked him.

"Just me and you. Take our mind off of the whole Chase thing." Zach said in a excited tone.

"Just me and you?" Chloe asked him.

"Yeah." Zach replied to her. "Just two friends. Doing something fun to take their mind off of a really sucky morning." He said with a smile.

"Can we go back to bed first because my head hurts so bad." Chloe mumbled as she closed her eyes.

"Sure." Zach said as a small laugh left his mouth.

Zach just wanted to spend the day alone with Chloe like they use to before Chase took up all her time. Chloe wanted to spend the day with Zach but she didn't trust her feelings around him. They have always been just friends but now she was starting to feel something more for him. She hoped that when they spent the day together that she will remember why they are just friends and lose her small feelings for her.

_______________________________
Oooo they gonna spend the day together 🥰