Twenty nine

Third person

"There's a dance game." Chloe said as she grabbed Zach's hand and dragged him over to it.

It was a two person game and it had little arrows on the bottom. It had a big screen. Chloe inserted coins into the slot.

"I don't want to play this." Zach complained.

"You are just afraid because you know I will beat you." Chloe says playfully.

Zach rolled his eyes and stepped up to the game.

"You wish you could beat me." He replied as his competitive side was showing.

The music started and the arrows began to light up. There were two dancers on the screen showing them what moves to do. Chloe and Zach copied what the dancers were doing and there scores on the screen got higher.

"I'm winning." Chloe said out of breath as she continued to dance.

"Not for long." Zach replied.

Chloe glanced over at Zach and thought it was adorable how focused he was on getting the moves correct. Chloe looked around the room and she noticed the other boys went into a different game room.

"I'm winning!" Zach yelled.

Chloe had completely zoned out and immediately refocused on trying to beat Zach. The music started slowing down and Zach and Chloes points were neck and neck. The player on the screen dipped the other player as the ending pose.

Zach grabbed Chloes waist and dipped her body down. There faces were now inches apart as they both breathed deeply from all the dancing they had just done.

"I won." Zach whispered as he stared at Chloes lip.

"You probably cheated." She replied as she stared into eyes.

Zach leaned his head closer to Chloe. There lips slightly brushed against each other. Chloes eyes stared into his. She felt butterflies in her stomach as she felt a strong urge to kiss him. Chloes mind raced as she debated whether to smash her lips onto his or not. Chloe quickly stood up and pulled away from him.

"I'm sorry I don't know what came over me." Chloe mumbled as she stared at the ground.

"That's the second time we almost kissed." Zach mumbled.

Chloe just stared at her hands as she didn't know what to say.

"I know you told me to act like the kiss never happened but I can't stop thinking about it chloe. I don't know how you feel but I didn't kiss you on accident. And just now I wanted to kiss you. You can't tell me that you don't feel something between us." Zach said as he stared at her.

"I did want to kiss you Zach but I just got out of a relationship and I don't understand how I feel. I don't want to ruin the friendship we have until I sort out how I feel." Chloe replied softly.

"I can't just keep pretending like I'm not head over heels for you Chloe. I don't want to be just friends." Zach said softly.

Chloe just stood there and didn't say anything. She didn't know how to respond.

"Can you just give me time to think this through?" Chloe asked him.

"Take all the time you need." Zach replied.

They stood there in an uncomfortable silence until Zach walked out of the room. Chloe ran a hand through her hair as stress entered her mind. Did she want to be more than friends? Did she even want another boyfriend? What if they broke up and Zach hated her? What if she lost all her friends because her and Zach aren't a good couple?
_____________________________
I am so sorry I haven't posted this in a little bit I've been busy 🥰