New Found Hope

After Charles had tried to collect himself, they gather in the study to discuss Logan's claims. The three if them still not fully trusting the man with his agenda. But they will make an effort listening to what he has to say.

"So you're saying... they took Raven's power, and what? They weaponized it?" Charles asked to understand better what Logan is trying to say. "Yep." He replies.

"She is unique." Hank comments.

"Yeah, she is, Hank." Charles agrees.

"So, these 'Sentinels' are non-stop killing machines that could level or counterattack any mutant's powers that it faces?" [Y/N] asked. "Exactly." Logan nods. "That's not terrifying at all." [Y/N] sarcastically mutters to himself.

"In the beginning, the Sentinels were just targeting mutants. Then they began to identify the genetics in non-mutants... who would eventually have mutant children and grandchildren." He continues, the grim reactions beyond the three are recognizable. "Many of the humans tried to help us, but it was a slaughter. Leaving only the worst of humanity in charge." They knew the humans hated them and not welcome them but for them to act solely on fear and eradicate the thing they fear is just.. too much. "I've been in a lot of wars." A pause. "I'd never seen
anything like this. And it all starts with her."

"Let's just say for the sake of...
the sake, that I choose to believe you... that I choose to help you.
Raven won't listen to me. Her heart and soul belong to someone else now." Charles sadly counters, he is still bitter about the two of them leaving him behind.

"I know. That's why we're gonna need Magneto, too." Hank and [Y/N] held a questioning look. While Charles huffed in amusement.

"Erik?" [Y/N] shockingly asks.

"You do know where he is?" Hank asks Logan. "Yeah." He replies quickly.

"Could you give me that one more time, please?" Charles asked. "You heard me." Logan furiuosly answers.

"He's where he belongs." Charles spat with much conviction and hatred. He decides that this is too tiring and might as well just give up on the ordeal and starts to head out the room. Turning his back once again to the people that needs him.

"You're just gonna walk out?" Logan asked. Causing Charles to spun back but with a teasing smile. "Ooh, top marks. Like I said, you are perceptive." He then continued to walk up the steps. The next thing he heared from Logan stopped him from his tracks.

"The Professor I know would never turn his back... on someone who'd lost their path." Charles took the sentence deeply, drilling through his drunken mind.

"Especially someone he loved." Logan added. Charles walked back in front of Logan and faced him.

"You know... I think I do remember you now." He started. "Yeah. Tall, angry fellow with the contentious hair." Charles vaguely remembers the Logan they tried to add to their team. Although, Logan himself now doesn't remember or know what Charles is saying.

"We came to you a long time ago...
seeking your help." Charles walking up to Logan ever so casually. "And I'm gonna say to you
what you said to us then. Fuck off." This sets Logan furious and grabbed Charles by the collar of his undershirt. [Y/N] and Hank was ready to charge if needed by what Logan said next shocked them both.

"Listen to me, you little shit. I've come a long way, and I've watched a lot of people die. Good people. Friends. If you're gonna wallow in self-pity... and do nothing, then you're gonna watch the same thing... you understand?" Charles fell quiet at this. Logan put him down, hoping he had convinced Charles to help him. But the emptiness in the professor's eyes are prominent.