The Future Took a Toll

The Future

Looking over the deserted, the almost empty and eerie vibe of what once a place of hope and love for mutants and human youths alike is breaking the hearts of the ones who used to run it. Especially the Professor. After so many years, he was once again met with the house he built to be a safe haven for kids. Now overrun by people who have never ending hate in their hearts.

"Not gonna lie this place is creepy." [Y/N] blurted out quietly. "The outside is more guarded than before." With a shaky breath Bobby muttured his observation. If the mansion's security doubled the amount of impending Sentinels are doubled or tripled as well. Which puts them in a great disadvantage.

"Do you really know the secret tunnel get inside the mansion's lower area?" Erik asked Charles. "Yes, it's completely hidden and you'll be safely unnoticed until you fetch Rogue out of Cerebro."

"So what's the play by play?" [Y/N] asked.

"I will stay here and guide Erik through his mind. I will try to sense any danger if it's coming. [Y/N] you try to sense incoming Sentinels," with that [Y/N] nodded and Charles turned to Bobby. "Bobby, join Erik and [Y/N] and you try to rescue Rogue out of Cerebro. Hurry after getting Rogue out, the alarms will be set off and they will release the Sentinels after you." Erik nodded and turned to the other men.

"Let's try not to die." He said with a straight face.

"Oh Erik I love you're humor." [Y/N] replied with a smirk. Bobby breathily nods and they prepare to open the doors of the X-Jet. Charles turns to them one last time.

"All of you, please be careful. Look out for each other. Bring back Rogue and yourselves." Charles says reluctantly and as their Professor X.

"Don't worry old friend. Keeping an eye on these two kids." Magneto reassures. [Y/N] looks at Erik, "I'm literally just the same age as you." He defended teasingly earning a smirk from the master of magnetism. Bobby shuffles awkwardly. "Please don't remind me it'd make it weird." He huffs after laughing nervously. "In my defense I don't grow up." [Y/N] raises his hand as surrender. Bobby smiles at him, "That works too."

Erik smiles at the two then looks at Charles. The telepath gave him a nod and a small piece of good memory from the past about the two of them. Erik smiles ever so slightly at the memory and turns to the door. "Come now you two."

The two follows Erik as he exits the door of the X-Jet. "I'll see you later, Charles." He bids his brother goodbye.

Sneakily walking through the thick forest and plants around the mansion they have to get to an underground system of hallways to be able to go inside the mansion without getting spotted. Getting inside the undergound Lab and to the Cerebro.

They quietly move from place to place using the advantage of wearing black leather uniform to conceal themselves.

"A wall from the left side of the building is a door." Charles communicates through their minds. [Y/N] uses his ability to track down hissing sound from the wall to see if air is flowing through the door. When he caught the faint high pitch of the steam hissing from the other side of the wall he alerts the others. "Thats the door." He whispers before using his powers and opening it effortlessly.

They quickly ran to the hallway and once inside [Y/N] closed it again and Bobby freezes the door's hinges so that anybody will be slowed down if ever they are in pursuit of them.

Magneto levitates a cylinder lighter using his magnetic powers to light up the dark abandoned hallways.

"Go straight through the first hall and I'll walk you through it." Charles communicates through Erik's head. The other two follows Magneto as he leads the way with the light.