Seven: Scent

I'm sincerely sorry for the delay, I had been suffering from writer's block so I did not want to force myself :,<

I hope you will enjoy this chapter!

•••••

Jungkook couldn't even sit still. He kept on giving Jimin side glares whenever he had the chance, though they did not let out a single word.

"Jeon," The old principal gave him a look of disappointment. "This isn't something a school president should be doing. You know better than that, don't you?"

The alpha lets out a small huff of annoyance, a little ashamed for being called out like this- well maybe if Jimin didn't pick on him first his face wouldn't be badly injured.

"He started it, sir." Jimin doesn't hesitate to twist the whole story. "We were playing sports when he suddenly came up to me and beat me up like this!"

"Wait, what do you mean I came at you first?!" Jungkook whips his head to look over Jimin with his eyes wide, somehow caught off guard by how the other alpha twists the story up.

Jimin kept quiet, pressing the ice bag to a bruise on his face while the principal steps in between them- just in case they will start another violent fight.

"Jungkook. Is that true?" The principal digs in further to the situation, lacking informations and had wanted to know both sides other than one; fair enough to be exact.

"Of course not sir." Jungkook held back a scowl of anger, fists clenched as he tried to calm himself down other than to lash out angrily. He didn't know what Taehyung did- but the thought of the male dating another student nor even hang out makes him wanna go wild.

Maybe this was the reason why he stepped over the line and let his alpha take over and beat Jimin up helpless.

The principal sighs, as if he was stressed before making up his decision. "I can't let this slide anymore, as I wouldn't want to hear anymore troubles."

He shoots Jungkook a stare. "The vice president would take your position for a few weeks, that is until you learn your lesson to not cause violence to your fellow students."

"It was unintentional." Jungkook mutters under his breath, rolling his eyes secretly.

"And you, Park Jimin will not participate on PE class for a week. Your teacher will give you a different assignment." Jimin took all his courage not to react, plainly nodding his head whilst Jungkook internally celebrated.

"Now that I have given off my offenses, I guess we are settled." The principal then points at the door. "You may head out, don't cause any trouble again."

The two wolves stood up, giving each other stares of annoyance before heading out of the office.

"You happy now?" Jungkook raises an eyebrow as soon as they exit the room. "This is probably gonna delay the school projects because of my absence."

"Well only if you didn't react like a loser then maybe we are cool." Jimin huffs, massaging his jaw. "Still hurts, and why would you even do that. You're exaggerating."

"I don't know Jimin." Jungkook had his eyebrows furrowed. He wasn't the type to conclude- but this had something to do with their teacher.

Was it his virgin scent that drove him to be controlled by his alpha side?

He knew it wasn't right to beat up even his sworn enemies especially with his school reputation. His alpha side was dangerous and he had never slipped into it- even if he is pissed off.

"You're so weird. Don't get me wrong, I hate you for hitting my face nuthead." Jungkook raises an eyebrow, looking at him. "But I still worry for your alpha control. That's dangerous Jungkook. You can't pull such play here in school."

"I know that, it's not like I'm not sorry." Jungkook began to walk, not wanting to tackle the same topic all over again. He himself did not know the answer to his sudden act, so why bother.

"Well I accept your apology~" Jimin sarcastically spats from behind, footsteps following like the alpha was after him.

"You have classes." The male mutters, shaking his head before slowing down his pace for Jimin to catch up.

Sure they were mostly not in good terms but he still considers Jimin as a friend- well, more likely an acquaintance. "So? I'm heading back to the infirmary to aid my bruises again."

"Stop making me feel so guilty about it." The alpha says, his voice a little upset as his shoulder raised up like he was tensed.

"Didn't know you could feel one--" Before the other wolf could even crack up a sarcastic response, a sweet scent invades their nostrils- getting them off guard as they looked around to see who it was.

"Jimin!" The voice calls out, the scent becoming more prominent by the time they see the figure heading towards their way.

"Sir Kim." Jimin muttered as a greeting before bowing, while Jungkook stays still, tensed as his breath hitched.

The scent. It was a little more sweeter compared to the first time they had met. Sure he had sometimes catched scents of other omegas but they always smell weird or something that he doesn't like.

Was Taehyung showing signs of mating already?

"Are you okay now?" Taehyung asks, reaching to cup the student's face to examine the bruises.

"I'm on my way to the clinic actually," Jimin says. "Thank you for the concern sir." He grins, side glancing Jungkook who did not bother to look at them.

In fact, he looked stiff as his eyes desperately scans the hallway- anything to stare at just not Taehyung.

He was afraid that he might snap again. Jungkook held his breath, fists clenched up to the point he was already shaking.

"Alright, take a good rest okay? It's hard to focus when in pain." Taehyung reminds, pulling away from Jimin when he notices Jungkook's behaviour.

"I'll get going." Since Jimin wasn't in the mood to get beaten up, he takes the opportunity to excuse himself and leave.

The other alpha walks away from them, with Taehyung staying behind to consult Jungkook's odd behaviour.

"I suppose that you have a reason behind your actions." Taehyung sighs, showing hints that he wasn't interested with their topic.

He wasn't so sure why Jungkook wasn't able to give him a proper eye contact. Luckily- the alpha used a scent block to himself, as it would often give trouble to single and unmated wolves around the campus.

Then of course, Taehyung wasn't that stupid. He knew about scent blocks, but he couldn't afford the appropriate bottle for him to use- not until he gets his first salary from the university.

No, his scent block wasn't the same like single young wolves. Since he had stayed unmated for years after his first heat, his scent becomes stronger to attract alphas to mate with him.

He just wasn't ready.

Jungkook did not respond. It took a few more seconds for Taehyung to sigh in defeat. "So this is how you're gonna pull off? I'm not one to judge but if you don't mind.."

The omega taps the male by his shoulder, with him flinching as he finally turns to look at Taehyung.

"Can you take a minute to have a talk with me in the faculty room?"