Twelve: Flustered

Taehyung's eyes widens the moment he heard what Jungkook said. "I'm.. I'm what..?" His eyes shifts away from the alpha- too flustered as he felt heat rush up to his face.

He wasn't sure if it was just because the hot steam of his cup was close to his face that made his cheeks heat up or maybe he really was acting so shy about being complimented.

"Did you just call me cute?" The omega mutters lowly, shoulders rising a bit upwards to make himself look small- something he does out of habit whenever he was too flustered or embarrassed.

Jungkook clears his throat, taking a deep breath as he puts up a response. "What about it? Can't I compliment my teacher sometime?" He plays it off with a shrug, hoping that it wouldn't be the cause of an awkward interaction between the two of them. "And besides.. I'm telling the truth." He mumbles, avoiding eye contact as it was too awkward.

"Well if it.. Wasn't so sudden.." Taehyung blinks, trying to find the right words that wouldn't make him sound so submissive. "You are truly unpredictable, Jeon." He decided to play along in the end, shaking his head as he bites back a smile.

"Oh, am I?" Jungkook chuckles, eyebrows raised with confidence. "You should probably expect the unexpected especially when it comes to me." Deep down, the student wishes that Taehyung would take that opportunity to have a conversation with him.

He hated how his teacher avoided him the past days- specifically after the bathroom incident. Jungkook was just trying to help and he did get consent, so why was the male suddenly giving him a cold shoulder?

"I'll take note of that, Jeon." Taehyung maintains the formality between the two of them. He didn't want his own student to assume that there would be something going on between the two of them-- not because he was being selfish but because he knew it wouldn't work out.

He is a teacher, and Jungkook was just his student. If the school finds out that they did something intimate- it would be the end of his career.

Jungkook would be expelled from the school too. Taehyung of course wouldn't want that to happen- especially when the male would be kicked out because of him.

"You could call me Jungkook instead, sir Kim." The male offers, hoping that his teacher would quit calling him by his surname even though it was their way of addressing students.

"It's better if I call you Jeon." Taehyung says. "Especially here in the school campus. Maybe when we meet somewhere else then I can call you Jungkook." He added to clarify his intention.

"Ah, sure." Jungkook nods his head, watching how Taehyung rocked back and forth before attempting to take a baby sip on his cup.

He didn't look like he was up for a good conversation, and Jungkook was sure that the male was already thinking of an excuse to leave.

"Do you really want to go back there?" Jungkook was quick to speak up when he sees Taehyung open his mouth to say something. "To those teachers who are obviously thirsting over you?"

The alpha raises an eyebrow, though he plays it off with a smile as he didn't want to look like he was demanding something.

Taehyung looks away. "What-- do you mean thirsting? They're not, I'm just heading back to finish my work." He utters, taken back by Jungkook's sudden choice of words.

"Look-- sir Kim." Jungkook doesn't forget to use formality, his tone gentle as if he was talking to a child. "I just want to talk to you. I feel like ever since the bathroom incident- you're avoiding me."

Taehyung looks at Jungkook with knitted eyebrows. He didn't know how should he respond to this situation but the male was right. Maybe he was avoiding him after that incident- but he thought it was for the best.

That Jungkook wouldn't take much of a deal out of it.

"What is there to talk about?" Taehyung asks, confused thugh he could clearly see Jungkook's eyes glinting with hope and excitement. Why was he acting like this when he was around?

"Maybe to clear out what's going on..? I don't like the silent treatment you give me. Even if you are my teacher it feels different." Jungkook sighs, shoulders slumping down as Taehyung felt his heart clench a little. Was he avoiding the male too much?

Whatever reason he had in mind still wouldn't stop the alpha from convincing him. "Alright, if that's gonna make you feel better Jeon." Taehyung eventually gives in, preferring to hang out with Jungkook instead of being surrounded by alphas.

So instead of heading back to the office, Taehyung finds himself sitting down at a vacant bench- where he could get a clear view of the open campus while sipping on his hot chocolate.

Of course, with Jungkook seated beside him. They had kept and awkward gap between the two of them, spending the next few minutes by just simply glancing at each other.

Romantic. The situation would be better if it weren't for them having to hang out in a school.

"I'm not avoiding you." Says Taehyung, staring down at the cup on his hand which he had been sipping onto cautiously. "I am just busy with doing my job."

"I know you are busy, sir Kim but-" Jungkook paused, feeling his breath hitch when he takes a good glance at his teacher.

Taehyung was chewing on his bottom lip, eyes wide as he tries his best to avoid Jungkook's stare. His bangs brushes to the side as the wind hits his face- though Jungkook was a little sad that he used scent block.

He was just too beautiful to be ignored. "I couldn't help but think that you're doing all of this because of the bathroom incident." Jungkook lets out a sigh of disbelief.

"N-no, it's not that." Taehyung was embarrassed. Maybe he acted too much already- unprofessional. "It's not your fault that I got a sudden pre-heat wave."

"I figured that you would say that." Jungkook chuckles, shaking his head a little. "I just wanted you to say it directly to me instead of avoiding." It may have sounded innocent, but Taehyung thought over the line.

"But you do know that.. It wouldn't happen again, right?" Taehyung utters, finally focusing his attention to the alpha just to see how he would react. "It was just a one time thing- and it would be better to stay like that, don't you think?"

Jungkook hesitates. His face a look of disbelief though he knew that Taehyung's decision is something he couldn't go against.

"Yes.. I guess it's better to let it stay like that, sir Kim." He closes the conversation with his agreement, though he was sure that it wouldn't be the last time he could own the omega.

••••

Late updates due to online class and assignments! I'm sorry for the delay but I hope you enjoy this <3

luvluv-A/n