Chap 29: Windy City

In the gilbert household, everyone was sleeping peacefully in their beds, well that was until someone phones began ringing waking a sleeping vampire, Damon looked at the source of the sound and answered the call.

_"You are interrupting my sleep"Damon replied dryly.

_"Damon what are you doing with Raven's phone?" Katherine asked through the phone.

_"Well if it isn't the psychotic self preserved doppelganger," Damon said annoyed  

_"Miss me?" Katherine asked smirking through the phone.

_"Where are you, Katherine?" Damon asked annoyed.

_"Looking outside your window and lurking away," Katherine said smirking.

_ " What do you want?"Damon asked annoyed.

_" I'm homesick. What have I missed?" 

_"Well Stefan still Klaus's little prisoner and Raven still think she can save him and no one misses you or thought about you since you left" Damon answers.

 _" And what about you? I'm sure you gave up on your brother" 

_" I  didn't give up on him, I just don't know where he is " Damon clarifies.

_"Mhm" Katherine says through the phone smirking with amusement.  

_" But you do."  Damon realized " Are you trailing them?" 

_"Doing my little dove a favor" Katherine simply answers.

_"Wait, why would the big elusive heartless Katherine Pierce do a favor for someone?"

_" Well this isn't any someone I'm doing this favor for plus a hybrid who wants me dead and sidekick who is off the trails I couldn't be far away" 

_"It means you know exactly where they are," Damon said.

_"All I know is that Klaus's plan to make hybrids isn't working. Now he is looking for answers" 

_"How do you know that?" Damon asked suspiciously.

_" I spent 500 years running ,there will be a few people on the way looking out for you"

_"Is that what you are doing? Looking out for my brother?"

_"Maybe, maybe not. I'm conflicted"

_"Where are they?"

_"Chicago,  anyway gotta go, say hi to my little dove from me," Katherine said simply before ending the call.

                             Damon closed the phone and put it on the nightstand thinking about what Katherine just said. Until this day Damon didn't know how and why Katherine Pierce came to care and love Raven so much, he thought Katherine was heartless and didn't have time for friends. Damon shook his head and thought to the important problem, he looked down at Raven's peaceful sleeping figure. The blonde-haired girl had her head on his chest, sleeping peacefully as her expression held pure serenity ,the vampire stroked her hair and said in a sing-song tone. 

_"Rise and shine sleepy head" Raven stirred and tiredly looked up at his smirking face.

_"It's too early let me sleep," Raven said turning her back on him and closing her eyes.

_"You were dreaming about me explains the drooling" Damon said smirking, Raven rolled her eyes at him and hit him with the pillow. She sat up and reached up for her phone when she saw the hour she glared at Damon.

_"This better be important or I swear to god I will make you regret waking me up." Raven threatened him.

_" Fine don't come with me to bring Stefan home. See ya" Damon said getting up.