Chap 33: The wolf

Once in her apartment, Katherine laid Raven on her bed gently then tucked her in under covers. The vampire couldn't help but look at Raven's sleeping face, she noticed that even while in her sleep she still looked tormented, sad, tired,... 

_"Mommy! Mommy! It's Christmas!" A little girl yelled with glee as she jumped up and down on a woman's bed. The woman woke up clearly annoyed as she looked at the little kid who just grinned innocently at her as she hugged her. Jenna sighed and hugged the little Raven back a small smile on her face.

_"Morning sweetie," Jenna said kissing her little niece's forehead as she pulled away," Someone's excited for Christmas?" Raven raised her brow and gave her a sassy look like 'duh' which made Jenna chuckle and stand up picking up the little girl with her and headed for the kitchen in her apartment.

_"What do you want for breakfast, little one?"The adult asked the blond-haired once she put her on the counter.

_"Can we open the gifts now mommy?" The little girl asked using her best puppy eyes to convince the older woman.

_"What did we talk about yesterday on the way here little one?" Jenna asked raising her brow and crossing her arms.

_"No opening the gifts until after breakfast" The kid mumbled suddenly grumpy which made Jenna grin.

_"Exactly, now what do you want for breakfast?" 

***********************************************************************************************

                    As soon as little Raven finished breakfast, she ran up to reach the Christmas tree and quickly reached to grab a small wrapped up box and turned around and smiled excitedly as she extended the gift to Jenna.

_" That's for you, mommy," Raven said excitedly, " I am made it for you personally".

_" Then it must be so beautiful", Jenna said smiling as she took the gift from Raven's hands," What can it be?" The woman asked as she shook the gift trying to figure out what's inside it. Jenna opened her gift to find out a frame made out of flower and colored cardboard, inside of the frame was a photo of Raven and Jenna from a few weeks ago, she was wearing the flower crown her little niece made for her and Raven was between her arms as Jenna carried her, both smiling brightly at the camera. 

_"Do you like it, mommy?" Raven asked anxiously as she fidgeted with her fingers at Jenna's stunned expression.

_"Like it?! Sweetie this is the best gift ever," Jenna said as she hugged Raven who relaxed and hugged back happily."Now, who is ready to open her present?" Jenna asked, Raven, stiffened but quickly recovered and smiled at Jenna.

_"Me!"The kid said happily. Jenna went and reached for Raven's gift under the tree only to find it re-wrapped badly. Jenna stopped and turned around to find a sweet innocent-looking kid slowly backing away to the kitchen.

_"You little tiny sneaky..." Jenna said as she chuckled.

_"Are you mad at me mommy?" Raven asked as she stopped in her tracks.

_"Oh honey I am but your sneaky tactic is just impressive" Jenna said as she chuckled a little bit more." This is why I'll give you 5 seconds to run before I catch you, "Raven's eyes widened as she began running away as Jenna began counting down. Jenna laughed before she ran to catch Raven.

***********************************************************************************************

_"Will you always be with me, mommy?" The little Raven asked Jenna as they both laid in her bed.