Marley and Me

UNEDITED

~ two months later ~

Over the past month, Grace and I have gotten extremely close, my cousins went back to their house, school started, and I haven't run into Charlotte anymore. So, all in all, the past two months have been pretty good.

Crow Crow

heyyyyy

Yessss???

do you want to come over????

Girls night???

yes!!!!

What movie?

marley and me?

NOO!!!!!

That makes cry wayyy to much

i don't care.

i'm gonna be crying too

Ok... fine.

Only if you get lots of ice cream!
😈😈

fine. 🙄

if that's the only way i'll be able to get you over here...

It is.

Final offer.

Do you accept?

mmmmmmm...

yes. 

😌

I'll be over in five minutes...

Tops.

sure you will 🙄

Read at 9:03 PM

So there we were, Grace and I, laying in her living room crying while watching Marley and Me.

"Oh, I've been meaning to ask you." Grace started.

"Yeah?"

"My brother wants me to go to the charity gala thing and I have a plus one. Do you maybe want to come with?"

"Yeah sure. When is it?"

"Saturday."

"Grace!" I sat up, yelling at her, "I have to get a dress in one day?! Do you know how hard this is going to be? You need to start giving me a heads up further out."

"Haha, sorry. But I've got one you could borrow."

"Thank God. You're literally a life saver, and destroyer at the same time."

We both laughed and went back to watching the movie.

I decided to sleepover at her apartment because I would need to go there in the morning anyway, and besides we basically have sleepovers every week so I just leave some of my things at her place.

The next morning Grace and I went through all over her gala dresses, and there was a lot, before she picked out my dress; a light blue, off the shoulder sweetheart neckline, with flowers across the neckline and flowers down the right side of my body a little past my waist, and the best part the dress had pockets.

Grace had bought a peach dress with a v-neck, flowers on the v-neck and straps, flowers cascading down her right thigh and flowers down to the left side of her waist, and a slit in the left leg up to her mid-thigh.

We spent the whole day doing each other's makeup and hair. It took forever to do mine, because we curled it, then braided it, and had to redo the braids several times. I had two french braids, one on each side, pulled to the back and secured in place with a clip to match my dress. Grace just did a simple "braided crown," and we both went for minimal makeup.

"Dang we look cute." Grace stated

"When do we leave?"

"Now. Car's here."

We grabbed our phones and walked out of our apartment complex; once we walked out, we immediately spotted the limo that Corey said was going to be here for us.

"Dang this is fancy." I said, stating the obvious

"Better get used to it." Grace said while linking our arms together and walking us towards the limo.

I was expecting us to be the only ones in the limo but, Kirby Dach, Alex Nylander, and Adam Boqvist were already in the car.

"Hello boys. The party has arrived." Grace said once we got into the limo.

It was a decent car ride. I didn't talk, unless someone spoke to me directly. I was to busy trying to keep my anxiety under control to talk anyway. Thankfully, I left my hair tie on my wrist so I could play with that to hopefully help calm myself down. I started to wrap the hair tie around my fingers trying to make a "spider web" because that normally helps. However, by the time we arrived at the event, my fingers had marks on them from the hair tie.

Grace grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the limo; immediately we were met with camera flashes and reporters screaming at us. Grace and I weren't "important" people, so we were pretty much able to just speed past the paparazzi. Before we entered the building, three reporters stopped us.

"Grace Crawford, right?"

"That's me!" Grace replied cheerfully.

"And you are?"

"Elliot Jones."

"She's my best friend." Grace said, taking the words out of the reporter's mouth.

"We noticed that you two got out of the car with Kirby Dach, Alex Nylander, and Adam Boqvist. Is there anything happening between with you ladies and them?"

"Uh. No." Grace responded, looking flustered.

"And you Ms. Jones?"

"No ma'am." I responded

"We heard our names..." Someone said slinging their arm around my shoulder.

A/N:

Hehe another cliff hanger :) Who's arm is on Elliott's shoulder? Will it speculate rumors? Will the puck bunnies infiltrate her instagram comments?

FYI: there will be a few chapters that include instagram/twitter posts at the beginning of the chapter, but the story will continue after so make sure you keep reading!! I love instagram/twitter post because they just add a little more spice

*Elliott's cousins will be back again, they will have a more important role, and their personalities will be pronounced* (lol I don't know if that's the right word to use)

Also, Connor McDavid 100% flooded Rogers Place. Nobody can tell me otherwise 

~KJ