I'm Fine

At exactly 5:15 the next morning, I groggily rolled out of bed to get ready. I brushed my teeth and my hair, made my bed, ate breakfast, and put on a decent outfit. I was wearing a chunky striped sweater, mom jeans, and some white Nike air max 270s.

At 5:45 I made my way out of my apartment, and down to the Ashland Place train station; starting my daily 35 minute walk just to catch my 6:30 train. It was rather quiet this morning, but I enjoyed it. Fall was starting which meant my favorite holiday, Halloween, was approaching rather quickly.

Thankfully, I was right on time for my train, and started the dreaded hour and forty minute ride. Today there was no screaming child so I could actually go over my material one last time before class.

I was about half way through my commute when my phone went off with a text.

Kaleb🤪

Good morning

Good morning :)

 Do you have practice today?

Nah. Want to come over later?

I'll let you know later. It depends on work & school

Ok sounds cool.

Read at 7:46 am

We continued texting until I had to walk to campus. I really like Kaleb and he seems like a nice guy. Plus, he's pretty cute so I guess that's an added bonus. 

School dragged on forever today. All of my lectures were super boring and half way through the day, my boss texted me saying I had to cover for someone tonight.

Once I got back to my apartment I changed into my work uniform. And drove over. It was a tiny little 50's themed diner. It was one of those hidden gem spots because once you came, you always had to come back. The owners were like a second set of grandparents; it was this cute, little, old Italian couple and all of their recipes were passed down generation to generation. 

After I got to work and chatted with Gina, one of the owners, I had to get to work. Thankfully, it wasn't busy today, but I still had to text Kaleb.

Kaleb🤪

Hey, I have to work tonight, sorry.

Maybe tomorrow?

I have practice, but maybe after??

Sounds perfect!

Read at 5:52 pm 

As soon as I sent the message, the door chimed; signaling that we had a customer. I looked up and it was half of the Blackhawks team... surprising.

Duncan was the first to walk over to the counter, "Hey Elliott. I didn't know you worked here."

"And I didn't know you came here."

"Oh, we've been coming here for ages."

"Huh. Well than, what can I get started for you today?"

"I'll just have a black coffee to-go. Thanks."

"That'll be $1.56"

He handed me two dollars, "Keep the change."

"Thank you! Have a great day!" I called after him. Once Duncan left, I had to wait on the booth of remaining players. 

I made my way over to their booth started my spiel that I had recited about 2573027402 times by now with a smile on my face, "Hi, my name's Elliott. I'll be your waitress for today, and do you guys know what you want to drink?"

They all looked at me puzzled, before doubling over in fits of laughter. "Wow. Thanks guys."

Eventually they all calmed down, and I was able to wait on them like a normal. It took about three hours, but they all left, except for Kirby; well, that's because I told him to wait, and thankfully my shift was over.

"Hey," I started; while we walked out of the diner, the cool but still warm September air filling my lungs. "Sorry about going off and ditching you at the gala."

He chuckled, "It was fine."

"What happened after I left?"

"Nothing much. Everyone was kind of in shock because no one expected that from you... no offense."

"But seriously, I'm so sorry for ditching you. I feel awful." We made it to my car.

"Nah. I was fine. Besides, you don-"

My phone went off.

"Sorry."

"You don't need to be sorry for everything. So stop saying tha-"

My phone went off again.

"S-"

"Check it."

Kaleb🤪

Does 6:30 work?

For tomorrow?

Yep!

See you then :)

Read at 8:27 pm

"Who was it?"

"A friend. Even though you said you're fine, I want you to know that I still feel bad."

"And still feel fine." 

A/N: 

OOOOOOOOH CAN YOU FEEL THE TENSION?!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 350+ READS!!!!

Side note: I really want to study abroad in France or Spain in college (I'm only a Junior in high school) but there's a few problems. 

1. I don't know French

2. I'm not completely fluent in Spanish

3. I don't think I'll be able to become fluent in Spanish or French in 2 years (you go your freshman year at the university I want to go to)

4. I have 2 years to convince my parents and get my their permission to go EVEN THOUGH I'LL BE AN INDEPENDENT ADULT (probably for the best though because it's a different country)

However, I guess I could always study for a year in London (DONT GET ME WRONG IT WOULD STILL BE REALLY COOL. But I've always wanted to go to France or Spain, and I have a feeling that I'm going to go to London if I even go)

ALSO YOU'RE GIRL IS STRAIGHT CLOWNING OVER ONE DIRECTION, LIKE THE REST OF THE FANDOM

~KJ