My Little Butterfly

We both ended up falling asleep on my couch during the movie.

"How many times am I going to wake up next to you?" Kirby said once he was fully awake.

"How many times do you want to?" I said looking up at him with a goofy smile on my face.

I don't know what this boy is doing to me, but I kinda like it. We laid on the couch in silence for a few minutes. I was laying on his chest, listening to his breath rise and fall, and his heartbeat; as he played with my hair.

"What are you doing for thanksgiving?" He said, finally breaking the silence.

"Going to my grandparent's. What about you?"

"Nothing, I've got a game the day after so I can't go home." He had a slight frown on his face

"That sucks. But I've got an idea! You could come with me. Only if you wanted to though."

"They wouldn't mind?"

"Nah. My family is so big they probably wouldn't even notice."

"Alright, I'll come here first."

"Awesome! And don't worry, my family will love you."

"Hey, I've gotta get going, we've got an away game tomorrow."

"The Preds... right?"

"Yeah."

"Good luck. Even though you won't need it." I said winking.

"Thanks. I'll see you later." He said, leaning over to kiss my cheek before showing himself out.

The past month was extremely uneventful, because I wasn't hanging out with anyone. I focused on skating and school. I ended up quitting my job because I had to up my skating training. Thankfully, it was Thanksgiving so I got a five day break from everything.

I put on a pair of un-ripped jeans; a blue, white, and cream, srtipped, sweater; and a pair of white nikes. I left my hair natural, and put on my "lucky" necklace. A few minutes after I was all ready, there was a knock on my door. I opened it to reveal Kirby wearing a black, long sleeved, shirt and black jeans.

"Do I look okay?" He asked

"Yep. Let's go." I said, grabbing my lanyard before shutting and locking the door behind me.

On the car ride over, he reached over the center council and interlocked our hands. I shot him a quick confused look before he spoke, "Do you wanna go out sometime?"

"Uh- yeah. Sure. I mean, yes."

After a few minutes of idle chat, we pulled into the parking garage of my grandparent's apartment.

"Um... so does this mean I can kiss you now?" I asked, quickly slapping my hand over my mouth

He grabbed my hand and moved it away from my mouth, and leaned in, kissing me.

"Does this mean I can call you my girlfriend now?" He said smirking

I kissed him again, "Does that answer your question?" I asked, smirking back at him.

We got out of the car and intertwined our fingers, walking over to the elevator. Once we were in the elevator I pressed the button to go to the top floor.

"Damn, top floor?"

"Yep, they made some money when they were 'youngsters.'" I replied smiling, "Now, my grandma will insist that you either call her Aunt Pat, or grandma; for my grandpa, you call him whatever he tells you to call him. I have far too many aunts, uncles, and cousins to just rattle off to you now. But don't worry I'll introduce them to you. Oh, and, I made sure to get here before everyone so I could introduce you easier."