The Room Where It Happened

~I love Hamilton so I just HAD to do a reference because; drama

It was Kirby. So much for avoiding those dating rumors. And why is this guy always invading my personal space. It's called a personal space bubble for a reason. Did he not learn this in school? Dang, maybe school in Canada is way different than it is here.

"...well, we should probably head in then."

I must've zoned out for longer than I thought I did. Adam, Alex, and Grace walked in front of Kirby and I. I snapped out of my "trance" due to Kirby placing his hand on the small of my back. Butterflies erupted in my tummy, not because I like him, but because I've never had a boyfriend.

"So this is what it's like. No wonder Charlotte always had to have a man."

Once we got into the building, and my sense were back to normal, I looked at Kirby's hand and then back up at him with a perplexed look on my face. He noticed the look and took his hand off my back immediately. He cleared his throat and we continued walking towards our group.

Grace and I kind of did our own thing all night. We talked, danced, and ate. The food was delicious, and I would 100% come back again; no questions asked. Slow dances would occasionally come on, so Grace and I would dance together; until someone cut in.

"Can I steal her from you?" Adam asked me

"Anytime." I said, giving Grace a wink

I wandered over to a table and sat down because I wasn't standing if I didn't have to. I noticed someone came over and sat next to me, but I didn't pay them any attention.

"Hey." I knew that voice anywhere, it was Kirby.

"Yes?" I said, turning to look him in the eye.

God was he handsome tonight; I mean he was just handsome in general, but the suit really put the icing on the cake.

"Wanna dance?"

"I... um... sure."

We got up and made our way to the dance floor, and just started dancing. I was 100% over analyzing things but I thought a lot more went into someone dancing than what happened.

"You look amazing tonight."

"Thanks, so do you. That suit color really makes your eyes pop."

"Really?" He said, and started smirking while I started to blush.

"Yeah."

I was praying the makeup that Grace caked on was hiding my blush.

"Alright then, I want to know one thing." He said

"Shoot."

"What was your hometown like?"

"Um... restrictive. That's why I love the city. I'd always come and visit my grandmother who lived on LSD. We'd have the best adventures together, and it was so much fun, and it felt like I was... liberated. Everyone in my hometown was so opinionated, but with my grandma, I didn't have to do anything to please anyone."

"So much for not letting another person into my life. I already failed with Grace, but she was kind of hard to say no to."

"LSD? Like the drug?"

"Oh." I started giggling "No. Lake Shore Drive."

"Oh my gosh! Is that Elliott?" a voice screeched

"Hi Charlotte." I said, turning around with a fake smile plastered on my face.

"Who's this cutie you're dancing with?"

"Well, if you actually paid attention to what was actually going on instead of trying to just "impress" everyone, you would know." I replied snarkly putting "impress" in air quotes.

"Did you just call me a puck bunny?"

"Maybe. But you definetely just outed yourself there."

"You know what?"

"What?" I replied mocking her.

"I tried to be friendly, but I guess that's just not an option with you... huh?"

"Maybe it's cause you're a back stabbing, toxic, bitch!"

"You did not just go there!"

"Oh. But I did." I said walking away, making a mental note to apologize to Kirby later. I caught Grace's eye and she flashed me a thumbs up. I had the limo drive me back to my place.

I rushed inside, and immediately collapsed onto my bed with tears pulling at my lash line trying to escape. And eventually, I let them.

A/N:

Elliott's anger towards Charlotte was finally revealed!!

What's Charlotte's next move going to be? What does Kirby think? Will Elliott ever get over the embarressment that happened?

Should Grace end up with someone that Elliott sets her up with, or stay single??

And if Elliott sets her up, should that person be a Blackhaws team member (who??) or one of Elliott's friends??

Now do you get the necessary Hamilton reference???

~KJ