2

"So, bro, let me get this straight, the app says you and that music freak are compatible?!" Liam whispered-shouted, with his pupils shrinking more and more.

"I don't know?! Maybe this app isn't that accurate." Jake replied, as surprised as the rest of his friends. It is surprising that out of all people, he wasn't expecting Hailey to be the one who is the most compatible with him. 98 per cent, which is quite a lot.

"Dude, I thought it would be Daisy since you've been simping over her since forever!" Henry replied, making the three buffoons snicker. Jake just rolled his eyes and went back to his phone, refreshing the page, hoping that Daisy would go up the ranks.

Instead, Zander went up a rank from 25 per cent to 68 per cent. Daisy did go up from 73 to 79 per cent to Jake's relief. However, he had a hard time believing that Hailey could be his potential soulmate. The woman he used to bully a lot, due to his friends, was his supposed soulmate. Well, Jake could not deny that Hailey was beautiful, then and now. The beautiful black night sky for her eyes, teal hair that seems to glow every now and then, and even back in KS3, she wore her hair in a ponytail, she still looked very pretty.

~~~

Now, let's take the focus away from the buffoons and the one sane person there and focus on Hailey. Hailey decided to downloaded the Soulmate app, due to the fact that Milly kept pestering her to download it. Zander also downloaded it to prevent Milly from pestering him to download it. Milly may not be a romantic but she wants to see who will she need to beat up if any of them gets hurt.

A few hours have passed and it is currently lunchtime. Everyone except Luke was in the music club since Luke needed to use the bathroom.

"So Hailey, who's on the top of your list?" Zander asked his stepsister, peering over her phone.

"Well, it's.." before Hailey could continue, Zander looked closer at the phone. To say that he was shocked and angry would be an understatement. He looked furious, his bully and his stepsister are potential soulmates, the one with the most compatibility by far in England. Even married couples had less and they've been together since their Secondary years.

"Well Zander, since you're so interested in who my 'soulmate' will be, why not you show me yours too?" Hailey replied, knowing well on who Zander liked since they were little.

Zander had a huge crush on Luke ever since they were little, to the point where Zander could only calm down when Luke is around or when Zander is feeling irrational, Luke is the only one who could calm him down. However, it seems like Zander had his angry eyes on Jake once in a while.

"Well, it doesn't really matter since the app is fake anyway," Zander stated, sitting down next to Hailey while the others were goofing around. Mainly Millicent showing Jake her awesome guitar riff and Sean was busy composing for the band competition.

"Zander, I know you got matched with a girl who was in the lowest rank but there is a sexuality option in the app. I guess you haven't clicked that yet." Hailey looked at Zander dead in the eyes. It seems that the creators of the app also supports LGBT, as there was, in fact, sexuality option so the app could make sure that the soulmates are not against the person's sexuality.

"Shut up, Club President. Anyway, the person at the top is actually...Luke." Zander whispered the name at the end of the sentence. If Zander's face and tomato were compared, Zander's face would be much redder.

"Well, I would be lying if I said that it was a surprise," Hailey replied to her stepbrother and giggling a little in the process.

"Okay then, still, that jerk is your soulmate, how do you feel about that?" Zander shook his head as he asked that question, attempting to change the subject.

Before Hailey could answer, Luke walked back into the music club, smiling as usual.

"Hey guys, we're ready to practise, right?" Luke asked everyone in the room, catching both Hailey's and Zander's attention. Zander's cheeks went slightly red while Hailey nodded, grabbing the attention of Jake, Millicent and Sean.

"Okay! Let's get started!" Millicent shouted, jumping up and down.

Jake seemed like he was also ready for once, as he came on time. Only 8 minutes have passed but Zander and Hailey felt like they had a conversation of a lifetime. Let's pray that Jake did not hear the conversation. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: If any of you came from discord, thank you! This is one of my first fanfics in forever and I'm making it up as I go along so forgive the plot holes ^^;