12

"Welcome everyone, to the band competition. We have saved the best for last. Here comes, the MUSIC FREAKS!" The announcer yelled and everyone started to applaud. The judges were there, standing and wondering what song could it be.

The previous songs other bands played were all original songs and they were all very good. So to say that the people saved the best for last would be weird. 

Drew was standing in the crowd along with Henry and Liam, were mocking the band. They were only here because they wanted to see Jake and maybe, in a last ditch effort, try to be his friend again. 

Jake walked up the stage along with the rest of the band, with instruments already set up on the stage beforehand. Milly went to get her guitar, Luke went on the drums and Zander walked to the keyboard. Jake and Hailey were both holding microphones in their hands while their other hand held each other's.

Jake took a glance at the crowd. He saw his former crush, Daisy, smiling for him. He saw his old 'friends', who he thought they were real, standing there. He saw Zoey without Lia, surprisingly. Jake sighed and Hailey gave him a smile.

"HELLO EVERYONE!" Jake yelled out from the stage with a lot of people applauding for them. Most of the school was there and formed an enormous crowd on the floor. 

"Let's get started, shall we?" Jake said to the rest of the band. The band nodded and Luke tapped his drumsticks three times, indicating that the performance is starting.

(Just imagine a duet of Tonight, a female and male voice singing, okay?)

After the performance ended, everyone was shocked. The buffoons had their mouths wide open, Zoey was glaring at Milly and unbeknownst to Milly, Elliot was standing there, grinning at her. Luke and Zander looked at each other and smiled, knowing that despite the interruptions, all the practicing was worth it.

There was a moment of silence before a huge applause happened. Even the judges were applauding and Jake sighed a breath of relief. This was his dream, to sing in a band with all of his real friends. Even Henry was cheering for the band, to the dismay of Drew and Liam. It was all worth it.

Everyone was cheering for an encore but the Music Freaks, left the stage because the competition only allowed encores for the winners.

~~~

"Ladies and gentlemen, the judges decided which band will be the winner." The announcer stated as he walked back up the stage. Everyone was quiet and the drum roll started.

"And the winner is....The Music Freaks!"

~~~

A/N: Nope, Jailey ain't canon yet :P Also, sorry for the long pause, been studying for my IGCSEs and I don't wanna fail. I do hope you guys enjoy this and I do have a one shot ready as soon as I finish editing it. Sorry for the short chapter by the way.