5

Things were good for Jake, he managed to get the girl of his dreams, will probably tell his friends off soon and got into a club where he could be himself in. There were little things that could go wrong, or so he thought.

However, there is still one thing bothering Jake, why is Hailey on the top of his list. The woman doesn't even seem to like him and yet the app declared them as the most compatible. It's strange, really. However, it's not like the app actually brought couples together...or did it?

There had been recent news of an akuma in the country of France, which made it to the worldwide news due to the akuma being devastated, thinking her date ditched her. However, it was all just a misunderstanding, thus bringing the couple closer together. It all seems fictional, really since the fact that there is no real supervillain who can transform people and everyday superheroes are the cops.

Every day, Jake could still hear Zander's looming threat, about hurting Hailey. Jake didn't think he would hurt her in any way but getting together with Daisy but Hailey cancelled on him for their ice cream hangout. Zander seemed to be meaner to Jake while the music club was happy for him, they didn't really seem all that enthusiastic. Except for Milly, she knew about Jake's crush on Daisy and was very happy for him and she did not know about Hailey and Jake's 98% compatibility.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Jake and Daisy were walking to the music club, those who were present for the performance congratulated them a bit and carried on with their day. It's not really a big deal when people get together in this school anyway. People tend to underestimate Jake's hearing because when he got near the music club, he could hear someone crying in there. It was presumably a girl, probably around his year and she seems to be crying for a good reason.

"Daisy..can you talk to Hailey for me?" Jake asked his friend, who just tilted her head in confusion.

"Why Jake?" Daisy replied, blinking in confusion, it doesn't seem like she understood what was going on between Hailey and Jake.

"Well, last time, Hailey cancelled on me when we were going to buy ice cream together last weekend," Jake replied and the look in his eyes, Daisy could tell that Jake must really care for Hailey, probably more than Daisy herself.

"Oh...okay Jake, I'll go talk to her for you," Daisy replied while giving a sad smile. She knew that the two won't really last long anyway.

Daisy opened the door and walked into the room, to see not only Hailey but Zander there too. Zander looked like he had no clue what to do when his stepsister is crying, finally getting all her emotions out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let's rewind time a bit. Hailey and Zander decided to come to school earlier, so they won't get harassed by Zoey and her friends. Hailey was trying to not cry, from many issues going on in her mind, jealousy, sadness, anger and much much more. Jealous of Daisy, angry at Jake, sad from the lack of time to practise for the band competition and much more. Zander seemed to notice Hailey's discomfort whenever Jake is around Daisy but is fine with Jake if he's alone, happier sometimes too. Zander knew that feeling too well, whenever girls come near Luke, Zander felt like he could not compete.

"Hailey, we should go to the music club, no one will bother us there," Zander said, which made Hailey smile. No one really bothers with the music club or even try to come there, except that one time when Jake...wait, no.

The duo just walked to the music club, feeling thankful that Jake's buffoons did not come yet. If they did, it would mean that they would be harassed, as usual, despite how much Jake resents that, he doesn't stop them.