3

"Thank you all of you for coming on time today," Hailey stated, looking directly at Jake, who smiled at her sheepishly. "As you all know, we'll be having a performance in the canteen tomorrow, when most of Zander and I's class will be going to DofE, so, come on time tomorrow to perform at the canteen, so any of you got any questions?"

"Hailey, what am I going to sing?" Jake asked, with the rest of the club looking at him dumbfound.

"Thanks for the question, Jake, we'll be performing the song that we'll sing on band competition," Zander replied with sarcasm, making Jake look even guiltier. Seems like Jake was too focused on something to pay attention, which is normal. Milly started to giggle while Sean just grinned like an idiot.

"Anyway, come earlier than usual tomorrow, we have to prepare for the performance," Hailey announced to the rest of the club, followed by cheers and grins and some giggles.

Before the club president could leave, she felt a tap on her shoulder. She looked behind her to see her potential soulmate, grinning sheepishly. The same grin he showed when he called her "princess." The two stared into each other's eyes for a few seconds before Jake let out a cough.

"Thanks, Hailey, for choosing tomorrow," Jake said, smiling softly, the smile the club president is not used to at all.

"You're welcome Jake and, is there anything else you need?" Hailey replied, blushing slightly. She wanted to ask him about the soulmate app, the app that showed the two got 98% compatibility.

"Uhh, not really. I just want to thank you, princess, for allowing me to the club despite me being a huge douchebag towards you and your stepbrother." Jake replied, winking at Hailey knowing that the nickname always irritates Hailey.

Instead of responding with her usual response, Hailey just blushed and smiled, nodding in reply. After a few seconds of silence, the two silently departed from the music club to go to their classrooms.

"Oh my god, why didn't I respond! I should've asked him about the app." That was all Hailey thought before sprinting into her classroom, sitting in her usual seat next to Zander. Zander just looked at Hailey, who was red in the face and seemed a lot more focused in class more than usual.

Hailey looked across her room, to see one of her first crushes, Daisy, sitting there and writing notes down. Hailey was still envious that despite the fact that Daisy wasn't a prefect, she got head girl. Daisy was smiling, probably thinking about a special someone in her mind. Maybe, maybe Hailey could have the courage to talk to Daisy again.

"Hailey, could you tell me what is the reason why Stalin became the leader of the USSR?" Miss Jones asked, noticing that one of her students was spaced out for a second. Hailey snapped back into reality and saw the notes on her notebook. Luckily, Zander wrote down some notes for her so Hailey decided to answer the question.

"Stalin was the next in line, all of his competitors were either arrested or disappeared, thus having no opposition," Hailey replied with her monotonous voice, and went back to actually paying attention to Miss Jones. Hailey could here some of Jake's buffoons snickering at Hailey. Hailey could hear Henry mocking her in some way or another but Hailey couldn't bring herself to care at the moment. She was having her emotional moment and Miss Jones had to ruin it.

~~~~~~~~

"Good morning class, as you all know, some of the students had left to go to the DofE Awards, thus some classes will be cancelled for today. Thank you for your time and you may proceed to go to your clubs or stay in the tutor room."

After all the tutors announced their announcements, Jake, Hailey, and Zander walked to the music club extra early, just in case Milly, Sean and Luke got out early. While walking in the hallways, Jake saw in the corner of his eyes, a bright white hair, running towards him. Jake felt his feet stopped and turned around to see the girl of his dreams, Daisy, looking at him. She was smiling softly and somewhat blushing at him.