10

It was another weekend and the band competition is getting closer and closer every single day. Thanks to Jake and their performance during lunchtime, the band gained a lot more support. The hype for the soulmate app seemed to have died down for a bit.

Today was one of the days when Jake was hanging out with Daisy. For some reason, he doesn't feel all butterflies around his stomach like he used to but his face was still red whenever he's around her. The lack of butterflies in Jake's stomach doesn't mean much, at least for now. Daisy was sitting down eating shaved ice while Jake was eating ice cream from the ice cream truck.

"Daisy, would you get mad at me if I tell you something about my 'soulmates' list?" Jake asked, looking quite down since today. Today was the day when Jake will finally tell the truth to his 'crush'...if he still even likes her.

"Of course not Jake, I have something to tell you about it too..." Daisy replied also somewhat nervous. Daisy wouldn't admit it but for the past few days, she's been getting closer to Sean. Ever since the day when Daisy went to the music club at the wrong time just to see Sean, she's been quite interested in him. He was like an older brother type. Enough rambling from the narrator, the soulmates list for Daisy had also changed over time. Sean had risen up to 80%, with Jake being in second place.

"Okay, I'm sure you assumed that you're on top but...you're not..." Jake replied, not knowing how to word the sentence. Daisy stared at Jake with wide eyes but suddenly, her gaze softened. Daisy seemed to understand and nodded.

"It's okay, the list changed for me too..." Daisy replied, not knowing how to say that Sean is now on top of her list. Daisy felt kind of sad about it but, she knows she could get over it. She doesn't feel a lot of butterflies in her stomach now and realised what it meant. "Who's the lucky girl by the way?"

"It's...Hailey" Jake replied and suddenly felt butterflies coming back, hundreds, even thousands of them suddenly appeared in his stomach. Daisy nodded but gave a small smile in return.

"Well, you're not on top of my list any more either. Can we still be friends after this?" Daisy asked and smiled at Jake. Jake felt the butterflies disappear and nodded, making Daisy smile. Daisy sighed a breath of relief and walked off with her shaved ice, leaving Jake sitting on the bench, staring in the sky with confusion in his eyes.

~~~

It's been 4 months since Jake found out that Hailey was on top of his list, 4 months but it felt like only a few weeks. Jake went to get ice cream with Hailey, helped Luke write a song, blackmailed Zoey into giving the diary back to Milly, got more support for the band competition and much more. The band competition was the next month and Jake wasn't sure how to let his feelings out. Sure it was his dream to sing in the band, for Daisy but now that he doesn't feel anything for Daisy any more...

The buffoons were still somewhat Jake's friend but a lot have changed. It's been a long time since the buffoons hung out with each other, due to Drew and the others leaving Jake out, mainly due to him not talking to them or not bullying Hailey as much as he used to. Jake was surprised but not hurt by this. He was relieved. They're finally off of his shoulders and he had his real friends, the music club, now. 

~~~

A/N: I AM SO SORRY FOR THIS TRASH CHAPTER. I'm still trying to think more about this fanfic but school is coming closer a lot faster than expected. Less than one week left of summer left. I am so sorry about this and the lack of ship moments but I just needed to get an update out. Either way, well at least Jaisy isn't canon now :D

Soulmate Survey | The Music Freaks FanfictionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara