Chapter 5 "Late Night"

Louis' POV

When I got home, from Harry's, my mum wasn't here so you can expect the worst. Mark asked me where I had been, "A friends" "A friends? Pff who would want to be friends with a faggot like you?" The anger in my veins was building up, I tried to control it but if he kept saying things like that, I wouldn't be able to hold it much longer. I don't say anything scared that he'll hear the anger in my tone, "Nothing to say you little faggot?" I keep my mouth shut and ball my fist. "It's 'cause you know I'm right isn't it?" "No, it's not, I was at friends his name is Harry." I say, trying to keep my anger in check, "Harry huh? I bet he's a faggot like you eh?"

At that point, I lashed out. I couldn't let him talk about Harry like that so, I lunged forward and tackled him to the floor. I started punching him, my thighs grasping his hips, "DON'T" punch "EVER" punch "CALL" punch "HARRY" punch "A" punch "FAGGOT" punch "AGAIN" punch.

I see the door open in the corner of my eye and hear my mum gasp at the sight she's seeing. Me on top of Mark with a bloody fist. "LOUIS, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!", she grabs my arm and pulls me off, then helps Mark, "I-" "DON'T". At those words my heart breaks, she doesn't even want to here an explanation. My anger slowly turns into tears and I quickly make my way to the front door. "WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING?!" She shouts, "I DON'T KNOW BUT I'M NOT STAYING HERE!!" I exclaim as I slam the door shut.

I actually don't know where I'm going to go, I can't go to either Liam or Zayn 'cause they're both with their families and I don't want to disturb them. Then it hits me, I could go to Harry and Niall's or at least I could try. I start waking to their flat as tears stream down my face. 'What have I done to deserve this?'

Harry's POV

My eyes open to the sound of knocking on our door. I look at the time it's 2:28, "What the fuck, who the hell is up at this time of day?".

Once in front of the front door, I open it to find a tear-stained face belonging to Louis. I look at him with shock, "Uhm. . . Can I uh. . . Can I sleep here for tonight?" I was stunned at his sudden appearance so I just stayed quiet. "I- I understand if you. . . If you don't want me too it's fi-" "No" "Right well then I should. . . I should g-" "No I mean" I run my hands through my hair and let out a little chuckle, "I mean yes" He makes eye contact and for a minute I forgot how to breath. "Yes?" "Yes. You can. . . You can stay." Louis sighs in relief and a small smile makes its way to his lips.

I let him in, "Sorry to disturb you I didn't" he gulps and his eyes dart to the floor "I didn't know where else to go" his voice is shaky "It's fine you can uhm. . . You can take my room, I'll take the couch."

I start walking upstairs with Louis to go get some blankets. We walk in my room, Louis goes to sit on the bed and I go to the cupboard to get what I need. "Just come down if you need anything ok?" He doesn't look at me and just nods.

With nothing left to say I was about to walk out but then I hear a choking sob. "Lou" I breath out, he still doesn't look at me but I can see the tears slowly making its way down his cheeks.

I get closer to him and bend down in front of him, placing the blankets on the floor. "Hey" I look up to see his face, his eyes meet mine and they're all puffed up. "Baby hey, do you want to tell me what happened?" I ask as delicately as possible. He just looks at me for a second and then wraps his arms around my neck. I was surprised at first but then realised he needed comfort so I wrapped my arms around his waist. "Shh, hey it's ok I'm here, I'm here baby" I can hear him crying, letting it all out. He nuzzles his face in my neck and a cheeky, sad smile crawls on my lips. At that point we're standing up.

He then pulls back, his arms still wrapped around my neck. Our eyes lock together and all can hear are choking sobs and breathing. We stay like that for a while just soaking up the presence of each other and then, Louis starts leaning forward, our eyes still locked on one another. I mimic his move until my lips graze his. My breath hitches, Louis' eyes are now closed and our lips now sealed. They're rough yet soft, I can taste the saltiness of his tears as our lips move in sync. It's sweet yet needy. The emotions present are happiness, anger and sadness. My mind right now is just LouisLouisLouis and nothing else. When our lips touched it's like the world stopped spinning and fireworks we're lit. It became nothing more than just a kiss, a kiss of comfort, a kiss to say that I'm here and that I'm not leaving him.

Unfortunately, we had to pull apart to catch a breath but when we did I rested my forehead against his. I kept my eyes closed,
scared that he'll have regretted it and leave. I then hear a small voice "Harry, open your eyes" I squeeze my eyes shut even more and shake my head no while tightening my grip on his waist. He untangles his arms around my neck to hold my head in between his hands, "Baby" he breaths out. At that word I slowly open my eyes to meet his. The ocean blue eyes consuming me "You're still here" I say, the felling of relief washing me down, "Of course I'm still here" He grins, forming crinckles by his eyes.

"Come one love, it's late" I nod and grab his hand as we make our way on the bed. We lay down together, Louis gets closer to me and wraps his arms around my middle. I turn around to face him, we smile at each other. I lay my head on his chest listening to his heartbeat as it starts slowing down. Before falling asleep I feel a kiss on the top of my head and a goodnight coming from Louis, all I do is hum as my breaths even out.