Chapter 13 - The Cost

✵ ✵ ✵

-''Tae, I fucked up.'' – Jimin sobbed falling on his knees, in front of his door, as he cried. – ''I completely fucked everything up. I lost b-both of them. I lost them...I lost...''

-''Jiminie, calm down, please...'' – Taehyung hugged his best friend, utterly confused about what happened, but he knew it had something to do with Yoongi and Hoseok. – ''C'mon, let's get you inside, come on Jiminie...''

Taehyung wrapped his arm under Jimin's and pulled him up on his feet again.

-''Tae...''

-''Shhh, it will be okay, let's go in.'' – Tae said softly.

-''Nothing will be okay...Tae...nothing...'' – Jimin cried, but allowed himself to be ushered inside. He was sat on the couch. Taehyung pulled his shoes off and covering him with the blanket before he snuggled in as well and wrapped his hands around the smaller man, pulling him on his chest and whispering.

-''Come, cry now Chimmy. You can tell me later, but for now, let it go.''

And Jimin did. He let his tears fall, he sobbed painfully in Tahyung's chest, gripping at his shirt while Taehyung cradled him in his arms.

It was maybe half an hour when the tears dried on his face and he leaned upon his hands to look at his friend, eyes red and puffy. He sniffled, feeling his nose full. Taehyung reached under the table for the box of tissues, which he always held there. He would often cry when he watches some sad movie and the tissues were necessary.

He took a few and gave it to Jimin, who blew his nose several times until he was satisfied that he could breathe again.

-''Do you want some tea?'' – Tae asked.

-''Water, just water.''

-''Okay.'' – Taehyung said and stood up, but turned when he saw Jimin on his feet as well.

As sensing his question, Jimin explained. – ''Bathroom, be right back.''

-''Okay.''

Taehyung poured the water in the tall glass and left it on the coffee table for Jimin, and then went back to the kitchen to make tea as well. The aroma and taste always calm down his nerves and he felt Jimin needs it now. When he gave him a mug with the warm liquid, Jimin smiled warmly and thanked him. Taehyung resumed his place next to Jimin, pulling his feet up and covering his legs with the blanket, blowing in his mug to cool it down.

-''Are you ready to tell me what happened?'' – Taehyung asked. Jimin made a face, not saying a word for a while, trying to rearrange his thoughts before he spoke.

-''It's over, with Yoongi and me.'' – He said quietly. – ''And I think it's over with Hoseokie as well.''

-''What happened Jimin-ah?'' – Taehyung asked, reaching for Jimin's hand to intertwine their fingers together. – ''Tell me.''

Jimin took a deep breath, closing his eyes as two tears fell down his cheeks. Putting down the mug on the table, he sniffled again, brushing the tears with the sleeve of his shirt. He opened his eyes to stare somewhere in front of him before the words started tumbling out of his mouth.

-''I tried talking a few times with both of them to see where are we at. I never asked directly, but from aside, you know how I am.'' – Jimin said and Taehyung smiled compassionately. Indeed he knew his friend the best. Jimin would always rather show you his emotions and tease you, circling playfully to see if you feel the same rather than tell you. His insecurity and big heart made him extra careful with his emotions. He was always playful, acting up like he doesn't fall in love, just enjoy sex and friendship, but deep down he craves to be loved. Whomever Jimin let in into his heart is blessed for life, because he would do everything for them.