Chapter 11

Percy Pov   3rd Person

Percy groaned as Charles patted his hand on Percy's shoulder before raising his brows, "You alright?"

"Just a bit sore," Percy sighed as he leaned against the wall. In front of the two rested the half done wingless dragon.

"It's amazing that you've gotten this far," Charles whistled, "Even I thought this bad boy was a lost cause."

Percy shrugged, "You've just got to look at it for a bit before you do anything. There were a bunch of unusable parts that I had to replace and had to make some minor adjustments. Whoever first made this guy was a genius but the monster that destroyed this beast puts him in a class of his own."

"You could say that. We'll have some fun in here. I'll make sure no one comes in here to disrupt you. It'll be nice to have this fellow walking around again," Charles said before leaving.

Percy nodded before launching himself into his thoughts.

The dream he had with the two Monarchs seemed real enough. The same could be said of the one with Kronos. He only had a couple of months to prepare and convince Chiron that something was actually going to Olympus.

The thought of getting the Monarch's power excited him. Having powers of the few beings that could rival the gods made him grin, but the thing that made him nervous was what he had to do with those powers. He was going to have to fight Kronos and then hopefully not soon, fight the Shadow Monarch, or Ashborn.

There were a few things that he got when he obtained the Monarchs powers. He got two new tattoos which made him groan internally, adding to the growing collection. One tattoo being a white flame surrounded by just a black background, which was most likely Baran's symbol or mark resting on his left forearm. The other tattoo covered most of his right shoulder, a red dragon head extending from his muscle into his chest. They looked cool but they were really bothersome.

Another thing he obtained confused him. He would get small glimpses of memories that weren't his. For one instance, when he was on his way to go eat earlier today, it seemed to have suddenly transported him into a throne where he was casually making gun signs and white flames would shoot out of the tips. Then all of a sudden it transported him back where he was still walking alongside with his cabin mates. Which then led him to think that he wasn't teleporting to places but pretty much have daydreams of Monarchs past.

This was a good thing since then he could probably have a glimpse of Ashborn and maybe see how powerful the Monarchs really were.

The powers he obtained from the two were really challenging to control, or even to use. Baran's power was like his, the two having control of the fire element, but one was substantially more powerful than the other. Percy's fire was obviously hot but just lighting his hand on fire with Baran's flames seemed more powerful than his strongest fire attack. Though both could be used differently as Percy's fire could be used explosively such as when he was fighting Atlas, he was able to add more force when he kneed the titan in the face.

Barans flame wasn't able to do that. His flames could wipe out a small militia in no time, but it would be at the costs of his own comrades. Sure Baran's fire is immensely powerful but to try and control it would just end up doing damage to both sides. So basically, he shouldn't use Baran's power unless he was sure that none of his friends were near.

Antares powers were a mystery. Unlike Barans power, which was similar to his, he had no clue how to use Antares's powers. He was sure that he'll at least know what his powers were, but found nothing.

Percy sighed and rubbed his face in his hands. He was going to need to find a place to practice using his powers. Percy couldn't use his powers near camp or even near the forest. Not until he had enough control, like he had with his own fire. Antares's power was going to be for another time.

A few hours later, Percy slowly set himself down onto his table, ignoring the look from David.

"Something happened?" David asked as he took a bite from his sandwich.

Percy shook his head, "Just didn't sleep right. Should be better later."

Percy took a bite from his own sandwich, already offering his fries before freezing. He found himself ducking under a sword before shoving his hand into someone's face, white flames erupting from his hands. The poor man had no time to dodge the attack, his head now gone from his shoulders.

Percy watched as he narrowly dodged blades and arrows before unsheathing a large sword from his back. He lunged and jumped into the air, launching himself several feet into the air. The sky rumbled as he brought the longsword crashing down onto the ground, sending a large shockwave to the monsters around him. Everything around him turned into a cloud of dust.

Percy blinked and found himself back in the pavilion, sandwich in hand. He sighed and took another bite. He should look for a place to train his powers after lunch.

Percy spent the rest of the day, looking for a secluded spot before giving up and decided to walk through the forest. He found himself nearing the edge of the border when he saw a bunch of rocks that looked like a fist, meaning that he was nearing the edge of the camp's border.

He walked over to the rock and found two handles of a sword sticking out on top of the rock. Which Annabeth told him to never touch them since they were, of course, poisonous.

Percy stared at the pile of rocks before narrowing his eyes. A small blue delta sign was embedded in a wedge where two of the rocks collided. He touched the blue symbol and found himself in what seemed like a dark room.

Percy lit the room up using his fire. The room had nothing but cement as the roof and walls. A small table and chair rested in one corner of the room, the only sign of furniture.

A door was found on the opposite side of the room which opened to a cemented wall. There was either something behind the wall, or somebody just put this door here cause they thought it was funny.

Percy found the blue delta sign and touched it again, finding himself right back outside. Percy grinned at his discovery.

"This place should work," Percy muttered to himself before hearing the distant horn, signaling that it was time to head back. Percy grinned as he walked back to camp, listing the few things he was going to need to make the place a bit more inhabitable. 

Chapter Word Count: 1,196

Story Word Count: 21,458

There ya have it ^^ It was a lot shorter and a bit rushed compared to the past few chapters, but this chapter was like a filler. We've gone through a lot of those ^^