Chapter 2

The sun was shining and the warm breeze felt right. Marcella sat along the river watching her mother and the handmaidens wash clothes.

Aisha glance behind her to make sure Marcella was still there where she left her. Marcella gave a small wave to her mother from her spot and in return Aisha gave her a sweet smile.

She sighs and look down at her swollen baby bump.

Aisha went back to washing her clothes until the sound of horses could be heard from afar. Aisha stood up straight and look into the forest before her.

She sense something was wrong. She look toward her trusted friend Audrey and the other to know they felt the same thing.

"My Queen we should leave" Audrey says looking at Aisha worrying. Glancing at the others she nodded her head.

"Marcy sweetie we're leaving" Marcella looks up from her you to see her mother waddling out of the river with help of her handmaidens.

All of a sudden the air smell of burning wood and the men on horses rode out of the woods from across the river.

"There. Get them."

The strange men rode towards with swords in hand. Aisha pulled Marcella to the back well handmaidens chanted.

Aisha took her daughter and looked her straight in the eyes.

"My flower I need you to do something for me"

"What is it mama?"

"I'm gonna need you to turn around close your eyes,cover your ears, and count backward for me okay pijon mwen "

"O-o-okay" Marcella did as instructed by her mother.

Aisha kisses Marcella on the head and went to between the group grabbing her fellow sisters hands and start chanting.

The sun was fading between dark clouds the wind started to pick up. The women eyes turn misty gray well they kept chanting.

Thunder begin to roll in soon came lighting striking down the men on there horses. They scattered trying to retreat back not before wolves came out the forest behind them attacking.

The women stop chanting to watch as the wolves ripped through the men. The scene was horrific, Aisha turned away and went to Marcella.

She touch her shoulder and stood in front of her daughter. She remove her daughter hands from her ears when the screaming stop.

"Is it over mama"

"yes my love it's over. Let's go home"

Aisha held her daughter close to her well they made there way back to the palace with the handmaidens in toe.

When they made it back Aisha and Marcella went to Aisha and Magnus bedroom. Marcella ran to the bed and flopped down on it, snuggling into the covers.

Aisha sat down on the other side of the bed looking at her daughter tired face. She rest her hand on her stomach well the other rubbed Marcella's back.

"Can I come in?" She looks up and see Magnus leaning on the door.

"Sure" Aisha look back down to her daughter and playing with one of her curls. He made his way in sitting on the edge of the bed.

Magnus looked fondly at his mate and his sweet baby. He take his time to look at them and how similar they look, she got everything from her mother to her beautiful melanin skin to her curly black hair.

They only thing she got from her father was his smile and nose. He sigh knowing have to break the news to Aisha.

"We have to leave" he waited for a response.