Chapter 5

*10 minutes later*

*Knock Knock*

"Umm...come in?" Aisha says confused

"Hi. How you feeling" Qetsiyah asks coming into the light-up hut, " Good. You?"

"Good. Where's your husband Magnus?" Qetsiyah says looking around for the werewolf, " He went out to found food for me and the little one" Qetsiyah nodded her head.

"So on the scale 1-10 how mad is Silas," Aisha says looking at Qetsiyah, " um I would say a solid 5," she says looking weary at Aisha who had a grin on her face.

"Hmmm" was all Aisha said going back to writing in her grimoire, " Wow is that a grimoire I never saw one before. Is that one yours?" Qetsiyah says looking in wonder.

"You never saw a grimoire before I thought you were a witch?"Aisha says jokingly well Qetsiyah giggled, " I mean where I come from we only have a book that teaches us about spells and charms," she says sitting down on the makeshift bed next to Aisha.

"Hmmm. To your question this belongs to my mother" Aisha says holding up her grimoire and looking at it fondly, "What happened to her?"

"It was just me and her when I was young me and my mother was forced to leave our home in Nigeria. On our way to Egypt, a storm came and separated us. "

"Oh, I'm so sorry Aisha I didn't mean to open up old wounds." Qetsiyah says looking at her sadly feeling stupid for being it up, " It's okay. It's in the past and I shouldn't let it affect me in the present."

"Do you miss her?"

"Every damn day," Aisha says with teary eyes, she sniffs and wipes her face of her tears, " On a lighter tonight. How much do you know about your witch lineage?" She said changing the subject.

"Not much just that there was an eclipse that gifted five people supernatural abilities and was put on earth to control mankind and have them do our bidding," She says shrugging her shoulders.

"Urg at least they got the eclipse thing right. " she whispered under breath.

"Witches weren't put on the earth to control humans. We are children of the universe we were given this power to protect the innocents and nature from people who want to destroy it."

"So we're like guardians angels. " Qetsiyah says with her head tilted to the side a little. Such an innocent child Aisha thought.

"That's one way to put it." She says smiling.

"So how did you know you had powers"

"One night I was sleeping and a women came to me in a dream at the time I was just 11 and she told me that she and others were gifted with power just like me and my mom. " she says holding her book to her chest, "She went on to say that if I will it to be she will unlock my powers so my mother would teach me how to control it."

"Who was she? Did you know her."

"No, but I had an inkling who she might be.  we only saw each other in my dreams where she talks to me and others about what we are and what we were born to do.."

"Who did you think it was?" She asks leaning in eager to know.

"In my dreams, I saw her as Nana Buruku the goddess of creation in Benin. Well, others saw her as there own version of their religion. "

"Wow I wish I could have met her"

"You already have."

"I did?" She asks confused