The boy with the cheekbones

"Gwaine, lance, Percival, you go left Leon, Elyan, you go straight, I'll go right." King Arthur spike, his booming voice carrying out. Walking off, the knights did their job in hopes of finding a friendly deer. If anything, a good rabbit would be lovely. Moving along the sparkling Forrest lit with life, Arthur looked around. A soft white bird with feathers of white flew into the distance. Arthur stopped and smiled to look at it. Even he could enjoy a beautiful animal; I know surprising. Following the singing bird, Arthur made way through the Forrest. It's green canopy dancing with splashes of colors.

A tree branch broke behind him, and Arthur stiffened. Keeping his composure, he moved on. Eyes open to the smallest of sounds. At A slight ruffle, only to be heard by the most open of ears, Arthur turned around, crystal blue eyes meeting him. A small squeak sounded out, and the eyes disappeared. Arthur frowned; who was there? Walking over to the bush that had been the human's cover, he grabbed whatever was in front of him. A skinny, small but not young boy struggled against his grip. Long terrified breaths carried out. The boy kicked and kicked and wiggled all around, doing his very best to get out of Arthur's grip.

"Woah, Woah, WOAH!" He gently tried to calm the boy down. Eventually, he calmed down and slowly turned around to see Arthur. Putting on a calming smile, the boy's face morphed into confusion in contrast to fear. Arthur gasped at the boy. His aura screaming moon. The soft pale cheekbones sticking out, and his black hair smoothly ruffled around like the feathers of a bird. His eyes spoke with life, and he had two enormous ears poking out, giving him a little boy look. Even though everything about him screamed innocence, the boy looked just about his age. With wide eyes, a small voice spoke.

"You're not going to hurt me, are you?" The boy's shaky voice rang around his head. Arthur's face softened, and he shook his head. The boy turned his head to the side and looked at him questionably, earning a strange look from Arthur.

"No one understands your weird head movey thing." The boy said, and Arthur's eyes widened.

"Oh, sorry, Um, no, I won't hurt you" the boy relaxed then started picking strawberries of the ground, which Arthur just now realized he had been collecting.

"What's your name?" Arthur asked the strange boy. He scratched his head and looked up.

"I think it's Merlin." He looked at a big juicy one and took a bite smiling at the flavor.

"You think?" Questions grew in Arthur's head. What's going on? Merlin gave him a strange look.

"Well, I haven't heard it in a while. For all know it could be Jethro," he huffed and then proceeded to pick some blueberries off of a bush they happened to be standing next to.

"Well, I'm Arthur; thank you for asking."

"I didn't ask, but alright, hello Arthur."

"Arthur Pendragon, to be exact."

"That's nice. Can I go now?" Merlin stood up, looking at him. Arthur once again frowned.

"That name means nothing to you?"

"Well, someone's got an ego" Arthur turned his head to merlin. He really did not know who I was?

"Wait, where are you from" Merlin quickly looked down and rubbed his neck.

"Around," he said awkwardly. Arthur raised an eyebrow

"Like do you mean vintons, sarneps, capeneds, aletieps?" Merlin's face overtook a look of stress and overwhelmed.

"No, I mean the Forrest." Merlin looked Arthur in the eye. "I've never heard of any of those weird names you speak of" Arthur frowned deepened.

"Like in a house in the Forrest-"

"No. Look up there," he pointed up, and Arthur saw a tiny little shack in the tree. Just enough to cover rain. "That's where I sleep." He then tied the basket to a rope, how he got it Cannot, he said, and pulled it up to the treetop.

"Parents?"

"I don't know what that is." Merlin then pulled out a few books, Dictionary, an encyclopedia, and a book that seemed to be a survival book. "A human gave these to me, teaching me to read a few basic words, but this is all I know" he shrugged.

"Who taught you to speak?" Arthur questioned, suddenly interested in the boy. He was like a puzzle, an adventure in itself.

"Greta, my dictionary!" He opened the book to reveal the pronunciation of each word "once the man taught me the basic stuff, I figured out the rest. Well," he turned his head, looking at one word on the page, "most of it." Arthur looked over at almost laughed at the utter silliness of the word.

"The word is facility's," Arthur laughed, and Merlins eyes went wide with childlike wonder.

"Interesting." He smiled and put a checkmark next to the word.

"Facilities," Arthur said to himself, but it caught in the large ears of the warlock. He looked over and raised his eyebrow.

"What are you four?" He went back to his dictionary reading, going down each word and pronouncing each one individually.

"Ha. Ha. Very funny" Arthur smiled at him despite being insulting.

"I-" the warlock was cut off by gains unmistakable call for Arthur. Sighing, Arthur got up and went to walk away. Only to be stopped by small delicate hands holding his arm. Turning around, he saw Merlin look at him in sadness.

"Please stay" Arthur opened his mouth to speak and grimaced at the sounds of Lancelot joining in.

"I can't" Merlin frowned, then smiled.

"Can you visit then?" His hyper excited voice said, and Arthur smiled

"Why, of course, I will." Merlin ran up and hugged Arthur, then quickly scrambled up the tree like a squirrel.

Walking back, the knights all lectured him on wandering off. Ignoring them, he thought about the mysterious boy he meet. Going back into his chambers, he thought of the boy with a smile playing on his lips. It seems I just made a new friend. And indeed, he did.

Ahhh, it's so short, sorry guys. I love you readers so much. I hope y'all kept the comments clean; I know how you gaybies get.

               Gaybies 
                 noun
Gay obsessed wattpadians

Anyway, comment if you guys want a little new vocabulary word Merlin learns every chapter. (This doesn't count)