MERCY

When the one you love dies, the sky darkens as your eyes fade. When the one you love is dying, time is nonexistent in the haze of denial, the air no longer has its warm hum of life and instead feels dead and lonely, for it lost a friend. No longer will the breath roam around the air. Not even the sun could brighten the darkness that sheds all around the world.

Arthur ran over to a staggering Merlin, he looked down at his wound, a small smile on his face as he collapsed. Morgause blowing away with the wind, making her cowardly escape.

"No!" Arthur screamed as he held merlins shivering figure. His eyes bore right into merlins, memorizing every single detail he could fit inside his brain, the intense blue glimmered around while lighter blue veins etched all around. His eyes had a thin strip of dark royal blue surrounded them. If you slightly turned your head, small flecks would flicker gold.

"No no no no no" Arthur incorrectly mumbled to himself. Merlin weakly smiled.

"Might need some ice" Arthur gaped at the dying love of his life, almost wanting to softly hit him but worried to increase the bleeding. He held his hands strong over his loves wound as tears pounded his eyes.

"Merlin th-this isn't funny" he stammered, eyes and heart burning with a passion. Merlins weak hand covered his, attempting to pull it away from his wound.

"Let go Arthur, I would not like to spend the rest of my moments in pain if that's all fine with you" his voice was scratchy and wet. Arthur weakly shook his head.

"No, the bleeding-"

"Look around you Arthur" Arthur was reluctant to look away, but left a quick glance and noticed the entire world had froze. Guinevere was running midair towards Merlin, morgana had her mouth open, a scream no doubt had emerged, even the last wisp of morgause a smoke still remained. A small blue bird was mid flight towards Merlin. Arthur removed his hand to see merlins had frozen as well. He gasped and smiled.

"This means-"

"No." Merlin shook his head "we will not live in the cracks of time forever" Arthur frowned at merlins outright refusal. This was his chance to live.

"But-"

"Arthur i am dying, please ju-" merlins voice cracked slightly, before his voice continued. "Just hold me" and Arthur did just that. He wrapped his arms around merlins and held him, stoking his soft fluffy hair. One that held such life.

"If I hadn't taken you out of the forest" Arthur gulped, a tear streaming down. "This would of never happened"

"That taking me out of the forest was the best thing that had ever happened to me Arthur, I may have known the sun but you taught me of the stars. You were the best thing to ever happen to me, if it took dying 1000 times to live this again then I would do it a 100 times over" Arthur let out a sharp sob and hugged Merlin tighter. Tears streaming down his face, grabbing at his lifeline, never wanting the hands of time to resume ever again. Merlin took a shaky breath, his eyes red and puffy. "I love you with every vein in my body, I love you with the magic in my heart, I love you as the sky loves the clouds, I love you Arthur pendragon"

"I love you merlin." Merlin turned his face to look at him, his eyes were dull and sunken in, his face was ghostly, his lips were chapped, but he had never looked so beautiful, alive, in Arthur's life.

"Just- promise me Arthur" merlin gulped. "Promise me to allow sorcery into Camelot, if not for the innocent then for me." Arthur nodded, and no other words were needed. Merlins eyes dropped but he held them open for Arthur, held them open for the gold to his silver.

"Arthur" merlins voice was scrappy and quiet, his death becoming closer and closer as nature took its corse.

"Yes merlin" his voice, raw from the grief in his heart.